They took my money!

by whatlite? 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

I guess I will be the dissenting voice here. I still send cards and small gifts despite the shunning of my family. To me it says more than words every could. I always tell them in the cards and in updates I send them how wonderful our family (dh and girls) is doing however. I want them to know that despite their choice to be JWs (I used to be one) I still love them unconditionally. I know they appreciate the gifts, and that is all that matters to me ultimately.

HS

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome to JWD.

I think it is great what you did. It shows you still treat them well despite their behaviour, and as the scripture goes "heaps coals on their head". It really shows what sort of people JW's are. I wouldn't be so generous again though.

There are regular stories here of people that have been shunned by family for years, and then get a call when someone needs money, it is terrible behaviour.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think you did the right thing. They should have acknowledged your gift and thanked you............or sent it back. To say nothing, is just plain bad manners.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

A few months ago I was nice enough to let my JW cousins stay with me and in the end they told me I was the worst host ever and then had the nerve to ask if they could stay longer. Some dubs are so clueless its not even funny. I posted about what went happened in the thread below.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/107148/1.ashx

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi whatlite, and welcome to the forum.

It's the ingratitude that sucks, isn't it? They are happy to take your money, but they don't even bother to thank you. It's pretty typical dub behaviour, I'm afraid, I v'e seen it happen many times, and been on the wrong end of it more than once.

The thing to do is learn from it, and don't allow them another opportunity to crap on your generosity again.

• mouthy
    mouthy

HI whatlite & welcome!

I put money in my JW Daughters bank every year, BEFORE her birthday & for her annversairy, I never hear from her but I dont mind I just want her to know I love her....

• unique1
    unique1

I plan on doing the same thing this year. I am afraid they will send the gift back. But if they don't and they don't acknowledge it either, that is fine by me. At least I know I am showing love to them and that is all that matters. They may shun me but I will never shun them.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!

• juni
    juni
    Lemme see.....you chose to send a card and enclose money as a gift, and now you're complaining because they accepted the gift?

You knew they were shunning you. Did you really think money would make them call? You thought you could BUY them?

These are Nina's thoughts. Those are harsh words to TD. He has a lot of relatives including his dad who are shunning him. And he's not DF!! Only brought the UN topic to their attention. The shunning practice is very emotionally abusive. And according to THEIR RULES he is not the sort to be DF. Why wouldn't he want to take the iniative to set things right by remembering their anniversary? He's not trying to buy their love; he wants to be dealt with fairly and if they can't then he'll prepare himself to move on with his life.

I'm sorry that happened to you TD. That was a real kick in the gut to you and very rude on their part.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to future postings by you.

Juni I'M SORRY. YOU ARE A WOMAN AND NOT A GUY.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

$75 where were they gonna go KFC??

Only kiddin it was rude of them not even to reply with a thanks.

I don't have that problem in fact it's the opposite in that my Dad sends us money (not loads) so we can go to the movies or dinner or something

All the best BM

• mouthy
    mouthy

BM<<< Sounds like you have a cool Dad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit