Cano Is The Tip Of the Iceberg

by metatron 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• freetosee
    freetosee

Minimus,

Sensationalizing is the problem. You get a bunch of hopeful people on the site and you let them think that these cases are the beginning of the end for the Watchtower.

Who??? I have not heard that being said on this or even your thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115872/1.ashx
    I think everyone is balanced in dealing with this Cano issue. What makes you believe it is necessary to prove ‘this will not make the WT fall’, WHO is saying that? Surly not many, if any!!!
    I don’t get it. The repeated answer to your thread is "NO", but it’ll help exposing.
    There is much interest but no sensationalizing, IMO!
    Come on you’re just having fun…
    Freetosee

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Sensationalizing is the problem. You get a bunch of hopeful people on the site and you let them think that these cases are the beginning of the end for the Watchtower.

• kwr
    kwr

I would say 5% of any group there are sexual deviants. Consider the fact that in the USA there are about 250,000 sex crimes committed with only about 95,000 resulting in arrest and about 83,000 successful prosecutions. Sex crimes are not a JW problem and are not unique to the sect. Sex crimes occur in every group and every city.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sex crimes are not a JW problem and are not unique to the sect.

KWR, I'm sorry but I don't quite agree with you. What is DIFFERENT about the Watchtower is their insistence on the "2 witness rule" in cases of pedophilia, their preference at excluding the appropriate secular authorities AND their persecution of people who righteously sought to protect the children - people like Bill Bowen and Barb Anderson and many others who were disfellowshipped for speaking up about a problem that desperately needs fixing!

Min, I understand where you are coming from but I think your precautionary statements are premature. As has been said, no one is saying the fall of the Watchtower is imminent, but each crisis is IMPORTANT, because each crisis weakens the structure of the 'Tower. The GOOD people are LEAVING. That leaves more power-hungry untrained amateurs struggling to dominate the flock, and that forces MORE good people to leave. The Watchtower doesn't understand righteousness at all. They think it is something that P. R. Brown can accomplish with a few gallons of whitewash, but the spiritual stink is like 2 week old chicken innards on a hot day.

I chuckle when I try to visualize you as the coach of a football team, Min. How do you pump up your team?

"Guys, they're bigger than us and they're a LOT meaner than us. They are going to kick us in places we did not know we could be kicked. I think we should concede this game and leave. Who's ready for pizza?" -- "Coach" Min

• wednesday
    wednesday
    I chuckle when I try to visualize you as the coach of a football team, Min. How do you pump up your team?

"Guys, they're bigger than us and they're a LOT meaner than us. They are going to kick us in places we did not know we could be kicked. I think we should concede this game and leave. Who's ready for pizza?" -- "Coach" Min

Nathan

that is priceles. love it. lol

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan, I wouldn't be a good coach, I guess. I'd rather be a doctor. Tell him, "it's not looking good but I'll be honest with you. We can treat you and you can enjoy a pretty good quality of life for many years. But you're not going to get rid of this thing. And don't try laetrile or any other drug that promises you that you can get rid of this malady. You might find some well meaning friends offering you herbs that will supposedly have a healing effect."

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

As I waded through this entire thread the question raised at the beginning thunderstruck me and then BluesBrother hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned:

Can we put this down to "one bad apple" take it out and still have confidence in the rest? Or can we say that there "are a few in every crowd" and shrug it off?

I THINK NOT. The point is that J W's claim to be different. They say that they live in a spritual paradise that is supervised by the Almighty to keep it clean . Look at what last weeks WT study said.

"Sincere people can now see the distinction between a righteous one and a wicked one....................the honesty , kindness peacefulness and diligence displayed by Jehovah's Witnesses are admired by unprejudiced onlookers". [ There followed 4 paragraphs saying how good they are]

They claim to be the only religion directed by the Holy Spirit, they claim to special. When newbies are baptized they do nor expect to see news items like this ... it only shows their claim to be false. They Are human -no different to the world outside, with good and bad just like any other organization.

My point is that I was always told that Jehovah picked the Elders in a sense they are blessed by him and the Congregation is blessed to have them, so why would Jehovah pick a child molester to lead his flock?

This is exactly the reasoning that took me out of the B'org, obviously Jehovah has nothing to do with picking the Elders or God as we understand Him has nothing to do with the JW's or the WTS, period!

This is a man made organization and of course there are deviant people in it as in all man made organizations. There is no God behind any religion if there is/was why wouldn't HE pick better?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    f**k em grow old and die all you die hard dubs.I am a dissident activist to keep people from joining recruitment interdiction. -- DannyHaszard.

They will, and so will YOU. Then what? Do you think the angels will carry you to "heaven"?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Schizm:

f**k em grow old and die all you die hard dubs.I am a ;dissident activist to keep people from joining recruitment interdiction. -- DannyHaszard.

They will, and so will YOU. Then what? Do you think the angels will carry you to "heaven"?

Whether angels carry him to heaven or not, or whether he is ressurected in the future or whatever, that is not what this is about. Of course you won`t be able to see that, within your Watchtower-induced coma. What this is about, is going thru life in one of two ways: Either living a life in which you hurt and destroy other peoples lives (like pedophiles of all sorts, such as J.Cano and the old farts up in Brooklyn that are covering up for the pedophile members of the organisation, allowing pedos within the JW-congregations to go on a child-molesting rampage), or to go thru life taking every precaution not to hurt/destroy other peoples lives, and possibly even help some people. If you choose alternative 1, you will have failed in life, and it doesn`t matter if there is an afterlife or not. If you choose alternative 2, you will have succeeded. Afterlife has nothing to do with it. This is about right and wrong, right here, right now, in the present, not about the promises your manmade organisation has given you. And when those old farts in Brooklyn grow old and die, they will have failed in life, because they did wrong. They are responsible for the policies that have allowed thousand of JW-pedophiles to molest kid after kid after kid. When DH grows old and die, he will have succeeded in life, because he did right, he helped expose those that ruins and destroys other peoples lives, and by doing that, he will (hopefully) have helped at least with the damage control. If any householder now gets a visit by the jws, and they afterwards type "jehovahs witnesses" in any search engine, DHs name/website will pop up. And if they read that, hopefully they will think again.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I would say 5% of any group there are sexual deviants. Consider the fact that in the USA there are about 250,000 sex crimes committed with only about 95,000 resulting in arrest and about 83,000 successful prosecutions. Sex crimes are not a JW problem and are not unique to the sect.

This misconstrues the nature of the criticism. No one I know is claiming that child molestors are "unique" to JWs. The point is that Watchtower policies inadequately handle the problem that exists and may even be exploited by molestors. I would rather say that the 5% figure (whether or not it is an accurate number) is precisely the point...if sexual offenders make up 5% of the population, or 1% (1 in every 100 people), or even 0.1% (1 in every 1,000 people), then this guarantees that there will be child molestors in the JW "spiritual paradise"....so the real question is: What is the Society doing to deal with this problem? And if certain deficiencies of their policies have been brought to light (such as the two witness rule, the tendency to handle things internally, moving accused molestors to new congregations), then what have they done to fix the problems that exist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit