What Are "Unfair" Things JWs Made You Do?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• happy1975
    happy1975

Giving talks in the TMS

Not going to college

Not being able to date in High School

Not being able to play sports

Not being able to make friends w/anyone who wasn't a witness

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

After reading the previous comments on the unfair things JWs make people do:

- I could just about say yes to "All of the Above!"

(I do tend to identify with the camp that classes door-knocking as unnatural, though!)

One of their insane requirements, though, stands out as even worse than all the others:

- Being required to drag small children along to all five weekly meetings, and expecting them to sit quietly for two boring hours. (Even worse than that, being required to drag the same children along to Circuit Assemblies, District Assemblies / Conventions and expect the same).

- This goes beyond unfair and into the Inhuman!

The irony of this is that, in the late 1970s, the WTS put out a book entitled "Choosing the Best Way of Life" ; and another one called "Making Your Family Life Happy". (As if those 12 fossilized freaks would know anything about Family Life).

All I can say is no wonder most JW-reared kids throw the whole thing away as soon as they are able to do so - I know that I would - so fast that my feet would hardly touch the ground!

• blondie
    blondie
    Blondie,

I am sorry this happened to you. I saw your happiness rate was 300 today, so it must be put into a good perspective? Decki

Don't worry, sparkplug, I dealt with my demons long ago but it does put things in perspective. Personally, I don't think in general the d2d can compare to more abusive things children can encounter in their family or outside their family. I can imagine that some abusive parents could have made d2d something to morbidly fear, using it as a weapon to hurt and control their children.

Blondie

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Personally, I don't think in general the d2d can compare to more abusive things children can encounter in their family or outside their family.

I understand what you mean, Blondie.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I cannot think of a single Judicial Committee action on which I served as an elder that would be called remotely "fair" by reasonable outside standards. I cannot think of a single person who was "helped" in any way by this judicial system, unless it caused them to just up and leave.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The worst thing I had to do was shun people I liked because they had been dfd or had da'd.

• minimus
    minimus

Having to re-study the same bookstudy publications over and over again.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Then there's the obligation to join the Theocratic Ministry School and go on a platform and give talks---even if you had a phobia! .....Or you're made to feel that you MUST answer at the meetings even if you're extremely shy.....Are there other things that you can think of that made you totally uncomfortable?

I was, absolutely, terrified to comment. The people that I studied with stayed on my case about not commenting. They said I was sitting there like a "space cadet". Sheesh! I wished that I was a space cadet. . .to be anywhere but there...suffering. I can't even begin to describe to you how hard it was for me to comment.

• wednesday
    wednesday

They force (more or less) people who hate each other to stay in really bad marriages.

• serendipity
    serendipity

In an emergency situation, I had to sign a medical release refusing blood for my mother, just a few years after my father died refusing a blood transfusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit