Operation Tomorrow

by Sunspot 59 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

((((Annie))))

Wow, what a crazy series of events! I'm so glad you made it through (squeaked by!) and are posting here again. You know you are a die-hard JWD poster when you go thru tough surgeries and guage your progress by how soon you can come back here to post...

I guess the "nightmare" thing would be a matter of perspective. A lot of people are very anxious and tense about surgery, and to be aware of unexpected trouble happening of any sort (esp if it includes a lot of blood) can trigger nightmares in many people later, though not all. It's one thing to watch a tv show of an emergency--it's another to be on the receiving end!! I am glad they played it safe by keeping you unconcious thru the rough spots. (I know I'd appreciate it if were me, anyway.)

So good to know that evil little cancer cluster was caught. I hope that all the things the docs have done for you will result in a longer and more comfortable life. And it isn't silly to wax philosophical about being given more time. When you see how precious life is, it's the natural question to arise. I'd suggest that in perhaps you are being given a new ability to more deeply appreciate life and your relationships, and to love more earnestly (among other things).

So glad to see you back!!

bebu

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"I guess the "nightmare" thing would be a matter of perspective. A lot of people are very anxious and tense about surgery, and to be aware of unexpected trouble happening of any sort (esp if it includes a lot of blood) can trigger nightmares in many people later, though not all."

Hi Bebu!

Funny......speaking of "blood".....hours after the surgery and long after hubby had gotten home.....he got a call from the Dr asking permission to administer blood! (talk about ironic, LOL!) I have gone through major surgeries and such in the past and never had the "blood business" even be mentioned! NOW it was a serious matter that I GET some! I didn't even know about this until I was back here at home! I thought it was funny.....well, you know what I mean, LOL!

I meant to mention this when I wrote the first post this time.....but I forgot, haha! I sure hope the person's blood I got is much smarter than me.....it would be an added bonus, ya think?

The Dr had told me about the difficulties that many have with the respirator....pulling at it in their sleep and having trouble with the stuff they give you to regulate your breathing in conjunction with the rhythym of the normal breaths vs the respirator......she explained it MUCH better than I am (giggle) but it made lots more sense when she said it. Apparently some folks struggle with being ON a respirator without even realizing it, so they put them on this what she called "milk of amnesia" to lessen the effects of all that.....

Thanks too, to those who came back again to offer more good thoughts and kind words....you guys are just the BEST!

hugs,

Annie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Miss Annie Sunshine! Megahugaroonies, cher! I saw this post and I thought you were fixin' to really go through a horrible ordeal, but after reading further, I see you've already been through it! I'm so glad they caught the cancer, too. I hope you really get to feeling much, much better and soon, sweetie!

Love ya!

Frannie

• juni
    juni

Good evening Annie.

I'm so glad to hear that you are over your surgeries and now on the road to full recovery. That was a blessing that they found the cancer. Ms. McDuckett's mom just had a similar problem. She is quite elderly. Being intubated is awful.

Take care of yourself. Thank you for keeping all of us posted.

Hugs,

Juni

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

((((( Annie ))))))

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Toooooo Yooooouuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

And Manny Moore!

*Muah!*

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, sunspot, I had NO IDEA you were going through so much.

Not to get all philosophical here, but with all the life-threatening operations and accidents I have endured over the years, and the first major stroke in 2003 that I wasn't expected to recover from.....I have to wonder just WHY I have squeaked through these things and more importantly, WHAT I am supposed to be doing with this precious gift of TIME I have been given!

I know, I know! God is going to give you moments of joy and days of contentment as you become reconciled to your tribe of children and grandchildren. Sit back and enjoy.

• parakeet
    parakeet

What an ordeal, Annie! I'm so glad they caught that growth. Maybe now you'll have a long spell of improved health. You deserve it.
    Even if you're not put on the official weekly prayer vigil, I have a note on my computer to remind me to send good thoughts your way at least once weekly.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Many heartfelt thanks to you that have come back again to reply to this. It really means so much to me.

After a good deal of time had gone by, I wrote a "group email" kinda like what I posted here but with my personal info on family members, etc......and to date, I have only gotten ONE response-----from a gal on another forum. Someone I have never met in person. She has been praying for me. It made me cry.....

....not the fact that she was concerned about me (and had emailed me when was away) but the fact that with all the relatives and so-called friends on my email list----ONE wrote back with words from the heart.

I feel the same way about the folks here.....and the outpouring of love and caring I have seen for myself and for others-----from people we have never even met...ya know?

Sometimes we get love where least expected and from those we wouldn't have thought of sharing it with us. Bless you all for having such big hearts!

hugs,

Annie

• muslima
    muslima

I would like to add my best wishes and prayers with the rest of the family...our board family that is. :) Lots of hugs!

• snarf
    snarf

Annie,

You will be in my thoughts. I wish the best of success with the operation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit