Operation Tomorrow

by Sunspot 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Just to let you all know why I won't be able to post for some time...I am finally getting in to the hospital for a much-needed operation that kept being postponed.

I have been back and forth to three different hospitals and various doctor's offices for tests, x-rays, consults and then more pre-op tests and x-rays. (I have never heard of "nuclear testing before now...I wondered if they were going to send me to NASA!) The "bright" side is that I'm my own night-light now!

All of this has been a very long process, having been diagnosed back in November 2005....and I have been progressively getting worse and more and more ill as the months went by. EVERY doctor wanted more tests and more x-rays than the previous one they'd send me to! I am MOST anxious to get this all over with!!!

Without getting into the graphic and gory details...my entire endocrine system is completely off kilter and there IS no chemical balance to speak of, LOL! This has been making me extremely exhausted due to all this, but unable to sleep very well due to my windpipe being compromised by a big and pesky growth on it. I feel as if I have been racing uphill underwater all the time---but have not left my chair!

One doctor couldn't "find anything wrong" with me other than I was super-tired ALL the time.....so he put me on an anti-depressant. I didn't FEEL like I was depressed, but whaddya gonna do? THAT lasted for a few weeks, and they didn't do one bit of good. I threw them away. He then referred me to an endocrinologist down in Syracuse.

I heard ( actually I READ this in the post-op pamphlet the Doctor gave me) that my symptoms will even increase after the surgery but my system will supposedly kick in and "re-balance" itself in due time. I have no clue as yet when I will be back here pecking away at this computer!

The surgeon says that I will be unable to speak for a while, and that I may be quite hoarse for quite some time to come. So, I am REALLY going to be eager to get back to the computer just to communicate with others! (Hmmm....if I am going to be a "little hoarse"....do I become a pony?)

Anyway....one leg of this operation will be a delicate, (and hopefully uncomplicated) procedure, but there are two separate "places" in my throat that need attention. When I first heard about this (first) condition last year, I went online to find out about it, and there are only a few surgeons that even DO this procedure! (the other "part" of the operation is more commonly done)....so "things" are going to be "interesting" to say the least. The sooner I can put this behind me, the sooner I can get on with my life. (this is probably WAAAY more information that you wanted to know!, but there you have it!)

I leave tomorrow and I am spending today packing, cleaning out the fridge, and doing all that people DO before "going away"! I so dearly wish that I was packing to go to visit my very best-friend, that being my cousin, who is down on Cape Cod!!! (insert a long sigh)
    I'll try to pop back in here today between chores (and naps) and will post and reply if and when I can. I wanted to let you all know why I have been so scarce here lately....and I felt guilty whining about MY problems when we have so many others that are going through much tougher times than I.

I could use some prayers from those who are willing...I can't say that I'm all that brave as the "day of operation" draws near.

With love and hugs to everyone on this board (CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THE NEWBIES LATELY?); and I will see you ASAP and when I can prop this old body up in front of this terrific machine....

Annie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

good thoughts for you annie! i hope the surgery goes well and your recovery is quicker than expected. i think a nice light lap top and wireless interent service would be a good gift to yourself to help you recover so you can come in and talk to us! lol

hugs and prayers!!!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Good Luck with the Op annie.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

steve

• mouthy
    mouthy

" Dear Lord you know what our Annie is facing I ask that you place the HOLY SPIRIT beside her during this operation, guide the DR hands. You say where two on earth agree about something it will be granted Annie & I ( I am sure many others) are leaving this at the foot of the cross...I ask it in the NAME ABOVE ALL OTHERS JESUS CHRIST Amen"

see you when you e us again ((((HUGS)))

ANY THAT DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS ( PRAYER)CLOSE YOUR EYES

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

You're in my prayers, Annie. We'll all be waiting to hear back from you right here !

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery, from one of the many "newbies"...take care.

LIG

• greendawn
    greendawn

Wishing you all the best with your therapy but are you sure that the entire endocrine system is off balance? That includes a lot of glands.

• Mary
    Mary
    have never heard of "nuclear testing before now...

Good lord! I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I had a nuclear dye test after I was diagnosed with cancer to see if it had spread.....the stick a needle in your arm, tape it down and then before you go through the machine, the inject the nuclear dye in so that everything in your body shows up on the scan......

Good luck and Godspeed with your operation and please keep us posted.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Good luck, Annie.

I wish you nothing but the best, and if necessary, some very good painkillers.

CountryGuy

• Robdar
    Robdar

(Hmmm....if I am going to be a "little hoarse"....do I become a pony?)

Cute!

I hope all goes well tomorrow, Annie. You will be in my prayers tonight. I look forward to your return to JWD.

Much love,

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit