Operation Tomorrow

by Sunspot 59 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Annie )))) I'm holding you in light today. love and hugs and healing.

• LDH
    LDH

oh my I missed this.

I am hoping that Annie pulls through this just fine, a little sore and a little hoarse.

<science work your miracles> silent prayer.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm not going to write much to fill you all in on what happened, because I am very weak and can't sit up for very long. I wanted to get this post in while it was still my birthday......one I very nearly didn't make it to. LOTS of complications after the surgery and I missed an entire week before I was allowed to "come to"......they kept me heavily sedated.

I must be a tough old bird......I keep coming back after what I am told were tough odds on both June 29th and the three years ago having two strokes and the heart attack.

I'll be posting when I feel more up to it............

hugs,

Annie

• blondie
    blondie

Great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Blondie

• parakeet
    parakeet

Happy Birthday, Annie! Many hopes for your continued recovery.

• damselfly
    damselfly

(((((Annie)))))

Get much better soon, thank you for the update.

Dams

........and a GIANT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope all your wishes come true.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((Annie))))))))))

Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery Annie, you take care gal!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

That operation that was supposed to be at 3:00PM on one day and homeward bound the next morning turned out to be a ten-day "stay". The surgery went according to plan but two hours after being in the recovery room I began to bleed internally and my airway was blocked (I had my thyroid and one parathyroid removed) and I had to undergo another surgery to drain the blood (yuck) and be put on a respirator.

They kept me heavily sedated for days, and when I "came to" on the morning of July 6th.....I thought it was "the next morning" after surgery! I was given a drug to keep me from remembering anything that went on during this ordeal (the doctor told me I would have nightmares if I remembered any of what went on) which was pretty scarey to hear, believe me!

So, here I am thinking it was the 30th of June and I was planning to go to my son's house for a 4th of July picnic and bonfire in a few days! When they told me it was July 6th I thought they were kidding! HOW did I lose an entire WEEK? I was never told the extent of it all until only a few days ago when I went back down to Syracuse to the follow-up visit to the surgeon. It is all so surreal!

So now, after two surgeries and trying to adjust all the medication (take some with food, some taken an hour after eating, and most that have the warning that it may cause drowsiness, I have had a great deal of trouble staying awake, LOL! For a number of weeks, I did not have the strength to even sit upright in a chair to be on the computer, so I am playing "catch-up" and trying to get back into the swing of things here!

There WAS a good thing to come out of all this though.....there was an isolated and undetected Cancer cluster (?) surrounded in the thyroid gland which was totally removed. Cancer wasn't even a "thought" because only last year, I had undergone six frozen-needle biopsies in my neck area and they were all negative. Had I NOT had this operation I would have gone blissfully on my way never knowing "what lies beneath!"

I would really appreciate it if (Oh I feel SO shameless) if I could be included in the weekly prayer vigils. I have a long road to recovery and feeling tired and dragged out 95% of the time, is not my "style". I need all the prayers and warm wishes I can muster up. I have been going backwards for the past year while awaiting this surgery (tons of tests to determine what the hell was going on with me, LOL!) so it's high time I start moving forward! I need ALL the help I can get.

Not to get all philosophical here, but with all the life-threatening operations and accidents I have endured over the years, and the first major stroke in 2003 that I wasn't expected to recover from.....I have to wonder just WHY I have squeaked through these things and more importantly, WHAT I am supposed to be doing with this precious gift of TIME I have been given! I can barely get out of my own way, let alone getting in someone elses's, LOL! I sure wish that I could figure this out and then go to work on it!

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to explain a few things before I got down to "bizness" and plunged into replying to the posts on the board!

My love and hugs to all.......

Annie

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Oh, ((((Annie))))!! What you've been going through sounds scary. It is so good to hear from you.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

((Annie))

I'm sorry for your troubles, but I'm glad you're up and around now.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit