Update! Attending Sunday Meeting and Loving it!

by drew sagan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Great comment! I can only think that they won't be calling on you again!

• blondie
    blondie

I don't see why not; the answer was correct, was from the Bible and was probably given in deep sincerity. Unless WT studies have changed drastically, many conductors welcome answers outside reading it from the paragraph and weak attempts at paraphrasing.

When I attended not that long ago, 5 years, I gave answers like that and was complimented by the rank and file and always called on again. It's all in the delivery.

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Great comment Drew, well done. I can't help wondering if you'll get another opportunity though, but I hope you do.

• loosie
    loosie

LOL @ Drew... I love it.

You know how out in service when the JW's come across a door of someone who is abusive or apostate they mark it down as a "do not call". I think you have now been labled as a "do not call on".....lol

• rockhound
    rockhound

Good Job Drew!

If they start to give your hand the cold shoulder, I suggest that you and your wife sit right up front and have your hand up enough, that any deliberate oversight by the conductor would be very obvious to all. Also, you might like to check out Blondie's review of the Watchtower study for additional points to add to your comments.

Keep in mind Drew, that "The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear." -Herbert Agar

ROCKHOUND

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Remember Drew when Jesus went before the Pharasies and got lippy with the scriptures they strung him up. Watch out.

Congrats on your wife seeing and joining you in freedom - well sort of, like many of us you are still trapped to some extent.

Best wishes

• barry
    barry

Good answer Drew youre a champion . And keep up the good work. The only problem is they choose who will comment and with the use of the mike can screen out anyone they consider is apostate. Most bible studies I go to are in a smaller group with no mike and it is accepted that you can speak up and comment at any time which gives even more freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit