Update! Attending Sunday Meeting and Loving it!

by drew sagan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yep that's right folks, yours truely has actually been attending the Sunday meeting. Many will ask, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU EVER DO THAT? Well, developments going on in my world have led me to this decision.
    Over the past few weeks my wife has finally been able to come to her own conclusion that the Watchtower is false and that the organization is simply just another religion. She has been reading Crisis of Conscience and we have been talking alot about many differant things. She can see it all for what it is. All of the hard work has been worth it.
    Why then would I be going to the Sunday meeting? For the most part it is because of my in-laws. My father in law in on the fence when it comes to the teachings of the WTS (he's not baptized) but my mother-in-law is still very much a part of the Watchtower. My wife dosn't want to rock the boat to much so she has been going to the meetings so her mother won't get to scared. My father in law mentioned to me that he was kind of upset in how this problem that I have is having a little bit of an effect on the family. So I talked with my wife and we both agreed it's best that I continue to show some effort for the inlaws to see. So I have been going every Sunday with my wife, even though the BOTH OF US really don't want to go at all.

SO HERE IS A GREAT STORY FROM THIS WEEKENDS ADVENTURE TO THE MEETING.
    Paragraph 8 in the Watchtower study said basically that we need the organization salvation. It didn't even mention Jesus. In fact in the entire article Jesus is basically mentioned once, and after he is mentioned the article quickly turns to say that something MORE than Christ is needed.
    With that said, I was getting pretty agrivated with the article in general and then thought to myself, "might as well give a comment right?" So when it came time to answer that the organiztion is our ticket to salvation I raised my hand and read Acts 4:24 which states:
    Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”
    Then I said "we can never forget that it's only through Christ we can be saved"
    I could see the tension building, people thinking "he didn't give the right answer, it wasn't in the paragraph!" But think about it, what could they really say. Are they going to yell at me for saying something about Jesus, if they did the joke would really be on them. So as I continue to go to these meetings every week while me and my wife try to reach her parents all of the 'higher ups' in the congregation simply ignore me. What fun!

-drew

• mouthy
    mouthy

Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

Then I said "we can never forget that it's only through Christ we can be saved

What a terrific witness How will they hear if no one tells them GO FOR IT Drew!!!! Wish I could do that

God go with you!!!!!!!

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

WAY TO GO!!!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Damn - you made the comment I wish I had the balls to make. Someday....

• uninformed
    uninformed

Drew,

I admire you (and your wife) for going for the reasons you are and especially admire you for talking about Jesus in a place that they have retired Jesus for the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Good Show!

Brant

• rekless
    rekless

Hey Drew, You do know that was your last comment, don't you? You'll never be called on again, but good for you.

• glitter
    glitter

That was brilliant, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall!

I am not a Christian anymore (though sometimes I think I want to be, but atheism and disliking OT God is getting in the way!), but I can see what the Bible plainly says about Jesus. I was talking to an elder and and Aux Pioneer about being saved by Jesus alone and they (don't know I'm an atheist) looked at me like I had two heads!

I'm going to use that Watchtower and your answer to have another bash at getting through to my mum about the JWs and Jesis, although I think she is about 90% "Awake" - she already knows they're wrong about Jesus being mediator, but doesn't believe/see it about the society diminishing Jesus. Thanks for the fantastic example you've set. :)

• parakeet
    parakeet

***he was kind of upset in how this problem that I have is having a little bit of an effect on the family.***
    Your problem? YOUR PROBLEM??? If he's coming around to your way of thinking, he should realize by now that it's the JWs that have the problem! Continued wishes for success in your exit-WTS program.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Absolutely wonderful.... Yu da man!!!

• luna2
    luna2

Drew, excellent comment! There may have been some sitting in the audience that were jolted a bit by the scripture you read. I know I would have woken up out of my Watchtower stupor and wondered why the idiot aritcle was saying one thing while the Bible itself said something totally different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit