Update! Attending Sunday Meeting and Loving it!

by drew sagan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

Brother Sagan! You are MARKED! .....Good for you Drew...Like others here I DO admire your gusto.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Drew, I salute you, I wish I had the guts to answer in those damn meetings and try to enlighten someone. Although I'm no longer a Christian, what you said IS what the bible say's, that it's only through Jesus we are saved, if they are going to use the bible they should not twist it around to support their stooopid dogma.

IC

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Excellent answer,

Smart thinking to just read a scripture that hits them between the eyes they can't do a thing about that.

Have fun !

• Mary
    Mary
    Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” Then I said "we can never forget that it's only through Christ we can be saved" I could see the tension building, people thinking "he didn't give the right answer, it wasn't in the paragraph!" But think about it, what could they really say.

That's fantastic Drew! Way to go! However, I'm sure this guy went off in all their heads as soon as you commented

WARNING! WARNING! DANGER! DANGER!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    With that said, I was getting pretty agrivated with the article in general

Drew,

Methinks the feeling of aggravation will only get worse as the weeks go by - I speak from personal experience. You may get to the stage where you can't help letting it burst out of you.

Frankly, I don't recommend it.

• blondie
    blondie

drew, excellent comment! Although it was not in the paragraph, it definitely is in the Bible. Will they call on you again? Why not? What would they find incorrect about what you said?

In my WT days, I used to give comments just like that and have 4 or 5 people come up and thank me or commend me on how encouraging it was. With the right tone of voice and proper humility, I never had any problems.

Actually, the title of my review came out of the fact that I gave comments that were not specifically in the paragraph but were a natural extension.

I have been in congregations where there were 2 or 3 other sisters that would do a little extra study or research and gave comments that were more than "reading" the paragraph or just a weak attempt at paraphrasing. I found that most appreciated the "spice." (Now I understand that sometimes this backfires and is boring, but overall these sisters gave a positive note to the otherwise boring proceedings.)

Blondie

• geevee
    geevee

Drew....you rock!!!

Having taken the Wt study, if I had someone who made the "way out" comments, I would see their hand up, look around, wait.......look some more then look at my page, then with my head down, I would then call on the reader to read the next paragraph, instead of asking Bro Wayoutthere his answer. I concur with a previous comment, about it being your last answer. Let's hope not.

I did give a talk about bible chronology from the SI book, but interspersed it with the information from Gentile Times Reconsidered....I loved it, and no one seemed to pick up on my opposing information.

But all the best to you. And it is their problem, not yours.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey Drew, that was wonderful! However, after the meeting was over did anyone say anything about your comment? And how did the WT conductor react? Did he say anything?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is brilliant, you are walking as close to the edge as possible and may have quite an affect doing so.

• nsrn
    nsrn

That was so fantastic, Drew! I love your posts and your thoughtfulness. You have great insight and self control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit