How many of you still have friends in the org?

by Nellie 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

What is a friend?

• evergreen
    evergreen

Before i joined the Jdubs, i had plenty of friends. I dropped them like a hot brick when i became a witness; to be honest with you making friends was never a problem with me as i was always in the middle of it.

But then boom, my social life is gone. boom my friends are gone. boom , the congregation i was in frowned upon going out dancing etc etc etc.

I only have one friend (in the borg) who i stll keep in touch with, but he lives in a different country now. Although i still keep in touch, we are not as close.

Ah well. to hell with it, i go out for a pint with with the workmates every now and again.

As a witness you dont make a load of friends unless you are Mr or Mrs spirtuality according to the good news of the watchtower borg. Cant say much else!!!!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Nellie good topic and I like your music

me - 0

wife - 0

son - many got out in time

• evergreen
    evergreen

Blondie, ( by the way , i was abig fan of hers), where on earth do you stay. Last week you were from the bahamas????

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I still have a ton of friends that are JWs. Some weak some strong (by the WTBTS terminology). I think my core group was different in that we always stated our opinions pro or con about the org and no one ever felt we were sinning against the holy spirit. As a matter of fact, I just returned from a long week-end with two couples who are still very active JWs and they know my situation and position about the religion. I guess for those of us who have open minded friends who have the ability to think for themselves, we still have friends that are JWs.

• matey
    matey

i havnt been out for that long, but the only two friends i have that are still "in" the borg are DF'd and trying to go back. One of which is doing it for his ex-gf and is in the process of cutting off me and my roomate, and the other who is going back just because everyone hes ever known is JW, and he has ALOT of family that are JW's. He's pretty brainwashed and after he gets reinstated, i doubt he'll be talking to me much. He hangs out with me now cause we're both DF'd, and i mean, who else is he going to spend his free time with?

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

No friends thee at all they will backstab you and tell all that you said at the BOE right away

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have about 10 old friends that I keep in touch with, some just by phone in other states. Before getting disfellowshipped I went on a search for them and with some of them am now closer than ever. I really recommend following up your old friendships, I helps get over the bitterness, and these people understand you more than anyone else you will ever meet.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Four precious friends, who are worth their weight in gold to me.

• Nellie
    Nellie

jwfacts: I absolutely agree that these friends are worth fighting for - the problem is, they don't appear to feel the same way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit