How many of you still have friends in the org?

by Nellie 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nellie
    Nellie

That's hysterical. I reconnected with a HS friend - a brother - we were both witnesses in HS. We reconnected and he spent the first few months telling me how sorry he was he never made a move on me in HS. How hot I was, etc., then he went on to tell me how he had cheated on his wife and she had forgiven him . . . three times! After listening to his BS for those months, I asked him what was he still doing in the org when his heart obviously wasn't in it? I told him I no longer believed it was the truth although I appreciated the good principles they taught. His response? He called me an apostate and hasn't spoken to me since. We're having a HS reunion in a few months - I wonder what that'll be like! Personally, I don't think he has the balls to show up! LOL

• Warlock
    Warlock

So, you no longer believe, but, HE'S THE ADULTERER and he won't speak to you? I wouldn't even have told you, just for the shame of it all.

Warlock

• loosie
    loosie

Nellie that is such a joke. His behavior doesn't even make him a good "worldly person" and a despicable witness. But he thinks you are bad for not believeing some lies. Good thing he can't pull one over on you.

I still have 4 friends that are in.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Um... no

People who don't talk to me or recognize my blood relationship to them have revoked all rights to claim my friendship or family status.

They've been replaced and I don't look back.

• ferret
    ferret

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOObut now I have many many many true friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Zero, zip, nada, zilch. In almost 30 years, not one of those jerks has ever contacted me to see if I needed help or just to ask how I was doing. And I was never DFed or DAed, either.

• Nellie
    Nellie

It's enough to really piss me off, but I refuse to give them the power to disrupt the life I'm creating without them!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just my 10 year-old son.

Yesterday he asked me if church was "better or worse than the Kingdom Hall."

My answer appeared to be the same as what he had heard from some neighborhood kids who have been witnessing to him.

He didn't flinch a muscle when I told him that it was the opposite from what I had been taught for so many years.

There may be a chance that he already knows the truuth about the truth. Especially since after his JW mom raised a big stink about me praying directly to Jesus with him and telling him that the disciples and angels worshipped Jesus.

• daystar
    daystar

Not a single one. My closest JW friends from "back in the day" are no longer JWs. But none of them have ever seemed to reconnect with me. Bad memories? Distancing from the past? I've tried reconnecting with one or two, but it's just been strange.

• DHL
    DHL

My best friends today are those I made at age 6. But none of them is or ever was JW.

I never found real friendship in the hall. That was probably not only but also due to the fact that we were only able to see each other at meetings, as we lived on the country side and and there was no public transport system between our places.

Thinking about this made me remember a funny incident. I made my decision at age 13 but had to attend meetings with my parents until I was about 17. Once a sister walked up to me, tried to look dangerous and forbade me to talk to other kids in the hall, because "You know that you are bad association as you don't want to obbey god. So you must not speak to the other young ones. We don't want them to be influenced by your rebellious spirit". I wasn't scared at all. Actually I thought she was quite funny. All this eye rolling. Absolutely hillarious! LOL

Any of the young ones shunned me, they all had doubts, too, but not one would talk about it openly until long after I had moved far away. Meanwhile all of them have left the org (my parents kept me informed). It would be interesting to see how they are doing today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit