I think I did something very "sick" and embarassing

by kristyann 42 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awe (((Kristy))) us gals have all had to contend with the unexpected, unplanned for arrival of our monthly and there is truly nothing sick about it, it's just life and you deal with the embarrassment and the clean up as best as you can.

HOW CAN I EVEN SEE THEM AGAIN? That's so embarassing! Plus, if I did, they'd probably be kind of annoyed secretly inside... I mean, I'm sure they'd never be anything but nice to me, but who wants to clean up someone else's blood? I know I sure don't! Plus now this makes me look like some kind of twelve year old girl that can't take care of herself! I actually do have some MEDICAL ISSUES with this, cause my period has been very irregular lately and weird lately and I have been almost hemorrhaging at times. So I have been to the doctor and have been trying some different medications, and maybe it screwed it up worse or something!

Please tell me this isn't the worst thing in the world. How can I even see them again? Plus, how will I ever know? What do I say to them? "By the way, did I bleed on your nice furniture when I was over the other night?" I'm sure if it was a boy I was dating it would be somewhat better, cause he'd feel sorry for me, and he'd forget it anyway when he remembers how long my legs are, but what am I supposed to do about my FRIEND and her HUSBAND? They probably think I am a complete jerk! PLUS it looks so stupid cause I was in like this tiny short little skirt, and they probably think "Why is she trying to look sexy and wear that when she knows she shouldn't be?" But it's NOT THE RIGHT TIME FOR IT!

If it were me I would call them up and simply ask if you had caused any damage to their furniture, make a brief explanation about your ongoing medical condition and offer to have the furniture professionally cleaned. I'm sure they would not only understand but be very glad to work out any costs for the damages with you. At least that way you've handled it like an adult, don't hide from it it's not "sick" and you will also take out the embarrassment of it all when you just handle it with dignity.

I could tell you a few stories in my past along the same line..........

• daystar
    daystar

LOL!! Redirected to this thread from here.

Believe me, there are much worse things that could have happened. I don't mean to minimalize your experience and embarassment, but when you have kids, these sorts of things happen frequently enough for one to become quite hardened to them.

If they're really your friends, they'll think little of it and would lkely share a laugh with you over it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Please tell me this isn't the worst thing in the world. How can I even see them again? Plus, how will I ever know? What do I say to them? "By the way, did I bleed on your nice furniture when I was over the other night?" I'm sure if it was a boy I was dating it would be somewhat better, cause he'd feel sorry for me, and he'd forget it anyway when he remembers how long my legs are, but what am I supposed to do about my FRIEND and her HUSBAND? They probably think I am a complete jerk!

Just send them a nice 'Thank You' card for a nice evening together. Mention in the card that due to some unexpected medical issues you hope that you didn't create a problem for them. Send a gift card from a cleaning service for the price of having the sofa cleaned. Then discuss it privately with her if she ever mentions it again. I doubt she will.

Then just drop it. Remain friends and go on.

I would forgive it in a moment without the card. But your courtesy would make it history to be forgotten.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit