How many people have you SAVED from the JWs?

by kid-A 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

I've got a few works in progress, but am making some headway ...i suppose it's hard to really know for sure, but no doubt every word of real "truth" we speak about the WT org then this can only be a further deterant for "newly interested ones" (barf). x

• done4good
    done4good

Although I was leaving the org by the time I found this forum, (as well as Randy's site), I will say all of you were instrumental in at least helping me to come to a firm decision to leave. Actually, you all have NO IDEA how beneficial a forum like this has proven to be at this time. THANKS TO ALL!!!

Jason

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Me: zero. But working on it

Somehow I doubt your score is zero even though you may never know how many people your posts influence. This is something impossible to quantify - sometimes people make a decision influenced by something they heard or read years earlier.

I find it sad that the most difficult people to rescue are those we love and have set out to save from the JWs. If one day I help to get one complete stranger out that will be wonderful, although I'll never know about it.

• blondie
    blondie

Without "me" there would never be any others.

In the end we save ourselves, with a little help from our friends.

Blondie

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Jason.

Hi Frog, keep up the good work.

Another strategy that is working for me is using disfellowshipped and inactive ones to get to their family members. Their family members would never speak to me, but some are reasonable enough to talk to their own children, so I have been priming their children with what to say.

However, there is no guarantee of sucess, particularly with your own family. I can attest to that so far with my own. It takes a lot of patience and strength emotionally to know that you may never get you family to be able to reason.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Thank you AuldSoul, that was very a very nice thing to say :)

• target
    target

I shared the info about the UN with my son and daughter-in-law and they took it from there and got out. I also shared it with my best friend and she got out too. So I guess my score is 3, plus my husband.

Target

• minimus
    minimus

I hope many, esp. from here. I can count at least 5 directly.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    How many people have you SAVED from the JWs?

helped three out, plus maybe two more in the works. it's easy stuff man. didn't even have to try. just relay info to them, and let them watch you enjoying life.

hope all is well kid-A. :)

ts

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

The same number that I "brought into the truth" - a big fat zero.

That is why I would never do any good as a salesman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit