How many people have you SAVED from the JWs?

by kid-A 30 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

This might be a very promising line of inquiry, kid-A. If we can find out who has had success helping get others out, maybe we can start to understand why.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I studied with 4 people who later got baptised, and 3 of them are still jws. I haven't, as far as I know, influenced anyone into leaving, but a long - time jw friend of mine is currently haveing severe doubts, so I am hoping for good news soon.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Who knows how many we have ALL helped stay out of the Jehovah's Witnesses by our experiences and posts we make?"

Amen Gumby-meister. Exactly why we need to keep posting, even after our individual escapes have been completed successfully.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"This might be a very promising line of inquiry, kid-A. If we can find out who has had success helping get others out, maybe we can start to understand why."

Indeed Auldsoul. Seems reasonable to assume that certain methods are far more effective than others. Definitely requires some academic examination. If common underlying factors lead to one falling for it in the first place, likely common factors and techniqus can be identified that lead to a successful exit strategy.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was thinking of starting this exact thread today.

I have had a lot of sucess with inactive and disfellowshipped ones. I have been locating my group of old friends and found that many still sort of believe and were trying to make a comeback. However, being disfellowshipped they felt comfortable talking to me. It has often taken no more than an hour or two to have them realise it is total crap. One girl had been going to meetings in order to get reinstated, and immediately stopped and told her mother she would not be going back.

I get a number of emails to jwfacts.com from bible studies, and people searching. Bible studies are a good target, they do not take long to see the holes. I really play up the whole issue of disfellowshipping. Not many bible studies continue once they realise the full extent of disfellowshipping.

I can confidently say that in 1 year I have assisted more leave than my extended family including full time pioneers have brought in in 30 years. Over 10,000 hours of witnessing is needed to increase by an extra publisher, but only a few to remove a publisher. The statistics are becoming firmly stacked against the Watchtower Society.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    On the flipside, I am happy to report I have never brought anyone "into" the borg, which perhaps is not surprising given that I faded out before getting baptized! LOL

I never brought anyone in since I am so bad at persuading anyone to do anything. I guess this was a situation where that came in handy

Haven't helped get anyone out yet, but I'm still hopeful.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Mis,

As a JW it was easy to know for sure that you helped someone in (or to stay in), but it is thougher to know for sure that you have helped someone out. You very well may have helped people out. Your presence here helps, for certain, just by example. You are supportive and friendly of a lot of posters here. I say "posters" but it is really people you are helping stay away from the cult that hurt them.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

6 Out!

0 In!

5 or 6 df'ed who won't ever go back!

8 to 10 relatives who were interested who no longer are!

uncountable "worldlings" who will never ever have ANYTHING to do with them (and will hopefully spread the word)

Tell everyone you meet! Anytime you hear "witness watchtower jehovah" don't hesitate wade in guns drawn!

I got one yesterday at the doctors office! I walked in and there were two black woman siting there and on the table was a watchtower I picked it up and wrote my usual message "dangerous cult supports pedophiles see www.silentlambs.com" and put it down the woman looked at what I had written and said "I didn't know that! My sister (sister in law) are witnesses!" So I spent about 15 minutes explaining things to her!

Those seeds will spread!

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

1 out of 2 available to me...

I'm working on the other

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

And BTW with this post, after a year and a half at JWD, I am no longer a newbie!!!! hoo... hoo...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit