What are the most insincere things JWs say?

by Spectrum 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    I enjoyed your comment at the Watchtower Study/Book Study.

Which one...I commented 3 times?

Oh, which part of my comment stood out?

I will admit that this winnowed out the insincere ones?

I always loved people who asked, "How are you?" on the fly never staying long enough to hear your answer.

Blondie

• Warlock
    Warlock

"You are like a son to me". "You are like a daughter to me".

Thanks but I've already been abandoned once.

Warlock (the depressed one)

• trevor
    trevor

This is a non-profit making work and we only ask a contribution to cover the printing costs.

• james_woods
    james_woods

How about the old shuffle-step during the door-to-door work to avoid admitting you are a JW as long as possible so you don't get that door slammed in your face.

"Hi, we are doing a bible educational service in your neighborhood". "Hi, we were conducting a survey of peoples thoughts on the news of the day"...etc.

Avoid pulling out any literature until the very last thing. Sometimes just give it away without asking for a quarter when you need the numbers.

And how many would desperately buy the maroon or black deluxe edition of the NWT to avoid flashing the dreaded green thing.

• Scully
    Scully

"Wait on Jehovah."

"Jehovah will take care of it in his due time."

"Take it to Jehovah in prayer."

All of these statements basically are a blow off of any heartfelt anguish someone is feeling. None of them offer any concrete solution to whatever problem is being discussed, and are basically a signal that the person (a) really doesn't give a damn, and (b) is tired of listening to you whine about your problems and wants to talk about themselves now.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

'We miss you!!!!!!'

Arrghhh!!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their claim to be Christians doesn't sound right given the fact that they refuse to call Jesus our Lord and only deal with Jehovah, they completely forgot that The Father gave everything to the son as an inheritance and that he is now the master of the house.

Christian Jehovah's witnesses is a contradiction.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

"IT'S JUST AROUND THE CORNER..."

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We are all missing you at the meetings

You know we have your best interests at heart

• mama1119
    mama1119

That Jehovah guides them during JC meetings and they just carry out his decision. I dont believe JEhovah would decide or approve of the way JW DF people and then treat them afterward. One time when I used to try to get reinstated it was like my 12 meeting with them and thy were saying all sorts of horrible things about me being a sinner etc and I was so MAD I started bawling and they said "See no It sems like you might be sorry for what you did, If we see more of this maybe you could get reinstated" only I wasnt crying because I was "sorry" I was crying becasue I was beyond pissed. Never did go back to meeting........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit