What are the most insincere things JWs say?

by Spectrum 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

It really makes me angry when they say I love Jehovah. They don't know what they are talking about. If they read with an open mind the carry-ons of this cruel mesopotanian god they would feel ridiculous and embarrassed for putting this god before their family, their children.

If it was Christ I could understand, he is a likable fella, looking to help those in need but instead they part reject him.

My niece said it the other day, "I want to get baptised because I love Jehovah", it made me cringe.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I enjoyed your comment at the Watchtower Study/Book Study.

I missed you at the meeting Thursday/Sunday/Tuesday.

• carla
    carla

I agree with you entirely. Another minor insincere annoying thing, they will appear to agree with you even so far as saying 'right' and 'uh huh' and so on and the next minute say the exact opposite of what they just said 'right' to! Do they not realize that to the rest of the world if you say 'yes' and 'right' it appears you are agreeing?

'My love for jah' prevents me from, makes me want to go to the meetings, door to door, etc..

'It would hurt jah's feelings if I did......... (translation- if I did this and was found out I could be marked or df'd)

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

"I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been for so long!"

That's why you haven't called in over 15 years...eh?

• daystar
    daystar

That all of Jehovah's people (the JWs) have such love for each other. It's all a facade. Sadly, they truly believe this though. By and large though, when it comes to tough, real world complications, they're very quick to show their true colors. They're taught to be very self-centered.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A couple of older sisters bumped into a faded friend of mine the other day. They told her that they really missed her and to remember that she is always welcome back at the hall. Her response was "Really, because I can't remember you ever talking to me when I did go to meetings. No I dont think I'll be going back to any more meetings".

The most insincere statement is "We are the most loving people on earth" followed by "I shun you because I love you".

• damselfly
    damselfly

"We only want what's best for you"

Dams

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"We're not here to convert you."

W

• daystar
    daystar

dams

We only want what's best for you.

Hmmm... not so much insincere as it is just untrue, in my experience.

It's like a person totally uneducated in financial matters, a complete financial failure, giving you bad investment advice, but really meaning it. They may really mean that they want what's best for you, they're just mistaken that they know what that is.

• Honesty
    Honesty

'Why did you leave the TRUTH?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit