For Sh***ing One - Do I represent Christ Properly?

by jgnat 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rex:

ANYONE who denies that Jesus is the only way to God is not a Christian. I don't care how loving or charitable they are or what church they belong to.

Might want to start caring there, ole buddy.

While I agree with the first part of your statement, do you not concede it at all possible that you might have an over-strict, exclusive interpretation of what that means?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/115282/2033354/post.ashx#2033354

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Shining one

You misread my question - I didn't ask if Jesus is the only way to God.

I asked is the Bible/'mainstream' Christianity the only way to Christ?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Rex, I'm prepared to say that I might be wrong. There could be a god. The bible might have been inspired by that god and Jesus could have been his son and the messiah. These would all be such powerful and momentous truths if they were proven but if sufficient proof were supplied or, if conclusive proof were lacking, if the simple weight of evidence was in their favour then I could accept it.

How about you Rex? Are you humble enough to concede even the possibility that you might be wrong? That god does not exist? That christianity in all it's forms is mistaken? That Jesus was just another man?

Nic'

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Why do I always get the feeling that Rex uses a Tazer on himself moments before each post?

I am sure before he pulls the trigger he is a soft, yielding person, full of the gentle fruits of God's spirit - floating on a sea of Christian tranquility, exuding reason from every pore.

Come on Rex, show us the person before the Tazer tightens your soul. You get more bees with honey than vinegar, and who knows, you might save a bee or two if you if you learn to relax a little. Show us the Madcap evangelist at the Gates of Dawn. Put to bed the nasty little man that you have worked so hard to become online, and treat us to the real, gentle Rex for a change.

HS

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sheesh, I see Sh***ing One chose to ignore all my other comments and questions, and to latch on to my response to Sad Emo.

My quandary, from a Christian point of view, Sh***ing One, is for those people who will never read a bible in their lifetime. Take for example an unlettered Aborigine on the mythical island of Borapapa. On his deathbead is he judged for his lack of a bible? Or is he judged from his native reaction to creation all around him; choosing good over evil his whole life long?

I do give brownie points to Sh***ing One, however, for not attacking the messenger this time. I really like Sad Emo, and her question was carefully phrased.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Me: How does an understanding of the historical Sheol and Heaven as known to the ancient Isrealites make me liberal and opinionated? How is such an understanding unintelligent?

He: It means that you have accepted a position that cannot be proven.

Me: You mean, that, the ancient Isrealites did not know that the world was a globe? We relatively recent (documented) history that it was generally accepted that the world was flat and the heavens, domed. What position is that beyond common sense?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Other unanswered questions:

1. Is criticism the same as belittling? As Christians, we must look at the RESULTS of our behavior. Are they having the desired effect?
    2. How else can I judge if not by my own mind?
    3. I say the Word is different than the word. Prove me otherwise.
    4. Do you understand my point? There are degrees of devotion to Christian doctrine. One does not need to be a slave to all to be a full servant of Christ.
    5. As far as I can tell, you consider criticism of the Bible to be blaspheming God Himself. Do you agree with this accusation? Where do I have it wrong?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Can't believe I'm doing this but here's a bit of praise for Shining One.

Though I disagree with almost every word he says, though I find his point of view offensive and repugnant and even though I find myself continually irritated - even driven to distraction by his sanctimonious, judgemental and blinkered postings, at least he says clearly what he believes.

There is no 'wooliness' with him. What you see is the real deal - albeit a rather nasty little deal. Shining One is straightforward. He doesn't try to cleverly suggest that you 'look deeper' to find 'real meanings'.

I don't like what Shining One stands for - but I like his clarity.

Don't get the wrong idea Rex, I'm not suggesting we pick out curtains or anything...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Curious here, Nicolau. Do you consider my presentation to be 'wooly'?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Truthfully jgnat, no. It's easy to understand you and I 'get' what you post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit