For Sh***ing One - Do I represent Christ Properly?

by jgnat 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Thanks for your reply jgnat. Few words that speak volumes about your faith

I'm going to wait for shining one's answer to the question before I start making further comment on why I asked.

• press any key
    press any key

Rex

Eternal souls won simply by giving people a reason to believe is all that is important in the end.

If you really believe that Rex, really really believe it, then you will publicly apologise to jg for publicly insulting her faith and let jg have the floor as she does a much much better job at this than you.

But if you dont believe, if it is all just pretty words, then you will keep arguing.

cheers

pak

ps xians fight dirty

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

And people shake their heads and sigh at atheism.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Jgnat, another post in this thread said this:
    >Jesus said 'No-one comes to the Father except through me' BUT is 'mainstream' Christianity (I use that term loosely!) and the Bible the ONLY way to come to Christ?
    Your answer:
    >I THINK NOT. Paul said that creation shouts of the existence of God. People can see it if they are looking. Acts 17.
    What a total and complete misapplication of scripture! What kind of a Christian believes that there is more than one way to God? That is either rank stupidity or heretical contrivance. You just sealed my case with that FIRST sentence.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Go back to sleep, Nicolau. Your own idea of immortality will take care of you eventually.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Caedes,
    You have no idea of what 'love' in this context means. You take the sugar coated pill and have no idea of the eventual poisoning it will bring. As long as you are told what you want to hear then you are happy, happily ignorant.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Jesus said 'No-one comes to the Father except through me' BUT is 'mainstream' Christianity (I use that term loosely!) and the Bible the ONLY way to come to Christ?
    Let me give you just a few of the scriptures confirming Jesus as the son of God:
    John 8:24: Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
    John 10: 7-9: "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
    He said, "I am the door", do you see the context of your question?
    John 11: 25-26 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
    This was just before He raised Lazarus. This is one of the seven statements in John where Jesus uses "I am" which is saying that He is God. It is the same as Exodus 3:14 where God told Moses, "I am".
    Luke 22: 66-70: As soon as it was day, the elders of the people, both chief priests and scribes, came together and led Him into their council, saying, 67 "If You are the Christ, tell us." But He said to them, "If I tell you, you will by no means believe. 68 And if I also ask you, you will by no means answer Me or let Me go. 69 Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God." 70 Then they all said, "Are You then the Son of God?" So He said to them, "You rightly say that I am."
    This last statement assured that He would be crucified. The Jews understood Him clearly claiming to be equal to God.
    The Bible shows clearly that Jesus is the messiah, the savior of all mankind. That is what it teaches. That is why His followers were encouraged to 'preach the gospel and God's kingdom' to all nations. Paul describes the gospel message here:
    1 Corinthians 15 1-8: 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
    ANYONE who denies that Jesus is the only way to God is not a Christian. I don't care how loving or charitable they are or what church they belong to. This is foundational and the absolute truth. Jesus said I Am the TRUTH in John 14. Again this is one of the seven times that Jesus claims equality to God. To deny Christ as the sole source of eternal salvation and then claim to be a follower of Him is sadly mistaken.
    I am glad you asked the question. You will see that Jgnat denied the foundational belief of Christianity when she said, "I think not" then misapplied scripture.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Nicolau,
    Sometimes the truth hurts. If it feels good to follow a blind guide then into the pit you will fall. Speaking the truth in love is essential, especially when dealing with false teachers. The message that I bring is as scriptural as it is offensive to some. IF you believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, God incarnate, then a believer must defend the faith that he has and set out the reasons. The heart is deceitful. Our feelings will fool us. We must have a foundational belief or there is no reason to have that belief. I will continue to proclaim "Jesus is Lord" and if I have to rebuke those who teach false, unchristian doctrine so be it.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Edited to add an emoticon, lest Shining one drown me in evangelistic spittle. PS. I knew Syd Barrett, so please go easy on me.

What??? You really did know him? How about any of the others, Roger, David, Richard, Nick??Syd had such great promise. How said his life seems to have been since hr got ill.
    Rex

• Caedes
    Caedes
    You have no idea of what 'love' in this context means. You take the sugar coated pill and have no idea of the eventual poisoning it will bring. As long as you are told what you want to hear then you are happy, happily ignorant.

Sinning one,

You can convince yourself of whatever meaning you like, but I know what love means. Love doesn't need context or some deeper understanding, love is unconditional.

I wish I was ignorant of fundamentalist claptrap, I would be much happier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit