My sis calls & says,"Your dead"&"I wish you'd died in a car accident"(long)

by morwen 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

least Slaine and I are on the "same page"

(((HUG))) after I read that letter I sort of felt." Hey sounds like my daughter."...!! Isnt it sad to think they are there because of fear. !!! true love throws fear outside.... The best thing I read there- was when you said Slaine & You are on the same page. THANK GOD the four kids you have wont have to grow up in total fear. .. Hang in there my love . Just keep them in your thoughts, prayer , & I would say drop em a line every few months to let them know YOU LOVE them uncondiitionally

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))

• undercover
    undercover

When I read these type experiences, I'm glad that my family does not keep in touch so much. I've watched some of my siblings have similar experiences with in-laws, but our immediate family is pretty much a hands off type family. We get together every so often and were all on good terms for the most part even though I'm inactive. I hang with my brother some(fringe JW who's afraid to admit that he wants out) but my family never writes, emails or calls each other. It's a blessing.

I wish I could offer some encouragement or advice but I'm just kind of stunned at the whole thing.

Good luck...

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I'm with Mouthy....at least you and your husband are on the same page. Things would be SO much more difficult if that wasn't the case. You have each other to lean on . From the sounds of it, you're doing a wonderful job raising your family and being happy. Don't let ANYONE make you feel bad about that....
    How horrible and sad that you had to be subjected to this kind of crazy talk by a relative!!! I'm so sorry!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Oh man, your siblings remind me of mine. Except for the statement regarding she wished she'd found out you were killed in a car crash. That is a statement that would make any non jw think "what the heck is wrong with these people?"

My mother outright accused my husband of taking me away from Jehovah. She said they taught me to love Jehovah.

I think the problem is basically you are thinking for yourself and have moved out of the 4 walled room with no windows and are now an independent thinker... You've rocked their world. You have disrupted the status quo and they (as well as all the other families affected by our decisions) don't like it.

I really think you held your own quite well and stood up for yourself in a way I wish I would have with my sister that did the same to me. Stay strong in the knowledge that you are right.

My most sincere condolences for the loss of your baby. I can't imagine that sort of pain.

BSoM

• Confession
    Confession

I really enjoyed reading your story, Morwen. That conversation with The Tweek was simply nutty. I imagine I might have one or two of those in my future.

Love & Congratulations,

Confession

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

morwen, I am speechless. To have that kind of call from your own sister! What a twisted religion this is, that makes someone turn on her own sister like that! I hope that one day she sees through it, as you have done. I am happy for you, that you are out of all that now, and raising your family away from jwism. I wish you every happiness.

love

Linda

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

(((morwen and slaine)))))

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what it must have been like to lose your child....

I am so sorry you have to deal with such stress from family.

I can't even begin to tell you how familiar the conversations are. I have received 2 "Dear John" letters from 2 of my best friends this week DEMANDING I tell them where I stand on things. It's so weird how they want you to draw a line in the sand so they know how to feel about you. They all just went to their District Assembly so I'm sure they were all comparing stories about me and then they came up with this plan to confront me and try to force me to take a stand against them.

we can relate. that's about all the comfort we can give eachother with regard to these situations.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG

It is utterly unbelievable that the WTS and JWs can say and believe they don't ruin families.

My heart goes out to you.

Lee

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Morwen, thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm so so sorry you have to go through this pain and nonsense. I'm so sorry about your baby you have lost, and I'm so happy for you that you have been blessed with beautiful children and a loving husband.

My older sister is like your younger sister. I wish my big sister thought like you. Instead she told me about three weeks ago that she tries not to think about me and tries to pretend I don't exist because it hurts her too much to think of me.

All the stuff your sister said about how much you are hurting the family and what you do affects everybody: is there a seminar that JW's go to that I somehow missed where they teach you the standarized things you should say to family members who leave!!!??? Jeez, I can't get over how much everyone sounds the same, your family and my family and so many others on this board's families all say the exact same things, like robots!

Anyway, I wish you the very best and am so glad you are doing well in spite of this. Your story really helps me to put my own life into perspective as well and appreciate the things I do have (instead of finding things to complain about all the time).

Best,

Good Girl

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Morwen, I don't think I made this clear in the last post and I just want you to know that your sisters are so lucky/fortunate/blessed to have a big sister like you. I hope they will come to their senses and see things the way you do. Since you are the oldest, there's a chance they might. Especially if they are in crappy marriages - for Jehovah! Why would Jehovah want that!!??? It's just nuts.

I hope your sisters come to appreciate you some day and realize you did the right thing, and then have the strength to follow suit. The email your sister wrote you stated that she feels you are so level-headed and always seem to do the right thing. Maybe this will get them thinking once the anger settles down and fades a little bit. I think JW's have to act desparate and crazy as a last-ditch effort to get you to come back, when they all of a sudden realize that you are making a completely logical decision, not an emotional one, and nothing they can say or do will change how you feel. I think it sends them over the edge and they just go hysterical to try and manipulate you into doing what they want.

You handled yourself amazingly well. Hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit