My sis calls & says,"Your dead"&"I wish you'd died in a car accident"(long)

by morwen 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• oldflame
    oldflame

I can totally relate as I have been through this myself. It really sucks because your the one who still wants to love and be loved and they are the ones who hate. Hate is not the teachings that our Lord has taught. Jesus did not even go to the believers but the unbelievers and here are the JW's doing just the opposite of what Christ did and still does. Pretty sad !

• nelly136
    nelly136

Morwen, wish your and your family all the best in your new life,

reading your post is like deja vu

different people, differerent places, different times, the exact same preprogrammed responses, emotional blackmail etc,right down to the 'wish you'd died'........and they'd all swear they're speaking for themselves and not under any sort of control.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Tweek sounds like a spoilt child, that's lost its dummy but we were spoon fed this rubbish so go easy on her, she doesn't know what she is saying.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Note to self: When sexual partner complains that "it hurts" I shouldn't say ..."just take it,you'll get use to it".

Thanks for that ... whew! LOL - what assholes! (no pun intended)

Thanks for the phone call and letter. I like your commentary throughout. Made me laugh out loud.

Thanks again,

-ithinkisee
  • Jankyn
    Jankyn

Morwen, thanks so much for sharing this, and much love and support to you.

I like Scully's categorization of such behavior as "shock treatment." I think that's what they're trying to do, and they've managed to convince themselves that this is the "loving" and "Christian" way to behave. Basically, all's fair as long as they can get you back in line.

Like many here, I had a couple of my own similar moments. In my case, my mother said that she'd have smothered me in my crib if she knew I was going to grow up to reject Jehovah.

The good news: It's hard to see that as anything but really, really crazy. The bad news: It came from my mother.

Hang in there. At least we're all in this together.

Jankyn

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Morwen,

Great story - so many facets to respond to, but the overwhelming realization is that you are very strong and are to be commended for withstanding this onlaught and being true to yourself and your family.

The desperation you describe on the part of your sisters has been nurtured and fed by the WTS. A perfect example of the "fruits" by which you will know them.

I JUDGE MYSELF AND JUST WANT TO GIVE UP FOR FEAR OF NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH, OR NOT BEING ABLE TO GET BACK ON TRACK. BUT I CAN'T GIVE UP , EVEN IF I WANT TO , CAUSE I KNOW THIS IS THE TRUTH AND IT IS WHAT I WANT. WHEN I DO WHAT JEHOVAH SAYS IN MY DAILY LIFE AND GO TO MEETINGS I FEEL GOOD . NOT BECAUSE I CARE IF THE ELDERS SEE ME DOING WHAT I SHOULD, BUT BECAUSE I FEEL JEHOVAH'S APPROVAL. AND THAT IS SUCH A GOOD FEELING.

A fine example of "Jehovah's happy people."

The Tweek: "I wish I had been told all of you had died in a car accident instead of this."

THE TWEEK: "You know Morwen we love you so much

JW double-speak.

When I left the org, my brother told me that he "disowned" me as his sister. "Whatever we ever were to each other is dead."

Less than ten years later he and I were attending a very special apostafest together. There is hope.

BB

• poppers
    poppers

Morwen,

I usually skip the really long posts, but yours was just too riveting. I really admire your courage and conviction in the face of such insensitivity from your family. You have extricated yourself from the clutches of the JW's mindset; I only wish you didn't have the pain which your family is dumping on you. But, you know you have lots of friends and support here. And you also know that your happiness isn't dependent upon anything which they say or do.

ME: "As much as you worry about burning in hell is as much as I worry about dying at armageddon."
    I just loved that line from you. poppers
  • Balsam
    Balsam

Having a lot of family in the witnesses is just tough. They say the most horrible things when folks are trying to fade. I am so glad that while I was a JW I didn't spout off to anyone like that. I always wondered what could be so big that it would take people away from the JW so called truths. I just felt in my heart there must some real reason for it. Thankfully I only lost my nephew & his family who lives in another state when I left the JW's. I'm so glad I didn't have anymore in the JW's.

• Frog
    Frog

Wow Morwen that was riveting reading! I think you're an absolute star, and what a solider to plough your way through all of this. I actually have 2 older sisters in the org (2 younger sis's & 1 younger brother also still in...). Your comments from your sisters remind me very much of all the harsh, twisted and bizarre things they said to me upon leaving the org back in late 2001. It never ceases to amaze me how similar our situations all are, thus undeniable evidence of the high-control group nature of the JW cult.

Don't ever forget, even in the really tough times hon, that you're the one who's truly free. You're right though, I can only hope too that in 10years time my siblings and I will be having the very opposite of these conversations, and that they will have let go of their denial, and come to see these things rationally.

It's a bloody tough road less travelled, but your bravery is so admirable. Thanks heaps for sharing some of your story with us, your writing style is incredibly easy to read. I wish for you all the best, but it sounds as though you don't really need luck, as you're making your own :)

Much luv your sis, frog, xox

• Frog
    Frog

btw Morwen, it really does sound to me from your sisters reactions and comments that your decision to leave has propted them to grab a last hold grap on to their faith out of pure fear, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I were you that in a few years some of them will come around, and be at peace and happy as you have come to be :) I really wish that for you and also for them. much luv x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit