My sis calls & says,"Your dead"&"I wish you'd died in a car accident"(long)

by morwen 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind
    Wow, I just read the first post you ever made. You certainly have come a long way since then.

I am actually really embarrassed by those early threads of mine. The what will it take for you to come back to Jehovah makes me want to hurl. Research and the internet is a wonderful thing. Thank goodness I am no longer a "sheep".

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Truly the heart, mind and soul of a person warped in her thinking by this cult. Think of her as being mentally ill and unable to prevent herself from doing some of the things she does.

Of course that is asking you to be not just a bigger person a HUGE person as you face what your family is going to do to you and themselves and they march along to what the WT has drummed into their heads. She thinks she is pleasing God by doing this act of loyalty to him.

You though are saving your children from a life in a cult, while at the same still raising them with morals and ethics and being there and loving them no matter what they might do by way of mistakes (rather than judging and running like JW parents).

And it's great that you and your husband are on this road together.

And I'm very sorry that this road has taken this turn for you.

• Fleur
    Fleur

holy...Scully...I can't believe that. In public. Unreal. (((((((Scully))))))))

Gary, you know that I have said it before...but every time I hear more of your story I just don't know what to say. You must be the strongest man on earth to have lived through all of this. ((((((Gary))))

I'm speechless.

essie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Morwen -

Thanx for sharing your experiences. It is theraputic at times for the poster, and good for all the rest of us too.

I don't have any sisters or brothers [living ones] in the organization now. But I had a very good friend, Denise, that sent me a few emails like the ones mentioned here. There was just no reasoning with her. She finally told me she would not answer my emails again 'until I returned to Jehovah'. I answered that I was not leaving God, my leaving the organization was the only chance I had of ever getting to know the True God, goodbye. It was painful to the extreme - we had been lifelong friends since before my baptism as a teenager in the 70's. I have an open door and an open mind - something she may never feel in her lifetime sadly.

That is the way with those poor pitiable souls trapped in the cult. Scared sh*tless that they will die at "A", they confuse the words of elders and the WT magazine with the words of "Jehovah", at every turn. I noticed that your sister did not quote the actual scripture, but instead the footnote written in Watchtoweresque, as a warning. It is not the scriptures they worry about - but the interpretation that sallies forth from the Hallowed Halls of Brooklyn, that give them this fear. Unfortunately, there is little one can do to divorce the foolish from the rain.

It is all so sad to see. I have only 'lost' one relative when we left. A cousin, a dear one, who was my best friend for 35 years. That seems very easy to bear compared with all the pain that must come from losing an entire clan.

Truthfully though, there is really little in common with them now. They have nothing to talk to you about if it is not the false hopes they hold. The commonality is lost when we leave. The language of real life is so different from the forced language of the 'Truth'.

Your post has made me hugely jealous though! I have always dreamed of living in Alaska. Never had the skills to make it up there, the dubs saw to that. But I would have loved it up in the wilderness. You have found a 'paradise' there for sure. A real one.

Wifey and I left together too. I have seen many posters here that have not had that happen. It is a blessing to be sure.

Enjoy the midnight sun.

Jeff

• seekingtruth
    seekingtruth

new to the sight here,this is my first post.i was studying with jw on and off for years,but never got baptised,to make a long story short,a sisters 23 year old son died in a car crash,he was in and out of the truth not to mention jail also,loved to drink etc.etc.etc.anyways at the funeral me and my wife who barely new this young kid was shedding tears for him,and everyone else also,but his mother never shed one tear for him,she actaully seemed relieved he was dead,and could only talk about how his sins are paid now and she will see him again in paradise?even when lowering him into the ground everyone was crying even the men,but she never shed one tear for her son,it just sickened me and disguisted me.shes actually happy that his girlfriend and there 3 kids are orphaned because now in her mind he will be ressurected in the new world,just f##kin unbelivable to me and to comprehend.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Your sister sure pulled out all the stops in that conversation- from threatening, guilt trips, blame, name calling... wow.

With all that drama and hate, what would be the incentive for you to come back? I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to people who are so quick to 'leave you for dead'.

I don't think you ever get over the shock of seeing "Jehovah's Loving People" act like that though.

Jeff- You don't need "skills" to live up here- just an appreciation for the simple life!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Morwen,

Wow!! I am disgusted, to say the least! It really hits close to home, as my own brother has disowned our family for leaving. Yet won't speak to any of us to find out why or to even express his love. At least your sisters did, even though it was kind of twisted. I have been batteling it out with my sister-in-law and her mother. Your replies seemed to parrot what replies we have recieved. I guess the only thing you can do, is pray their eyes open and they can see clearly one day. In the mean time, you have the suport of all of us here. Hang in there!! Your not alone, thats for sure!! We love ya!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

I also want to express my sincere sympathy for the loss of your precious child.

• sandy
    sandy

That is so true AK Jeff, about us having very little in common with j-dub friends and family.

FOr so long I've wanted to repair my relationship with one of my sisters but now I realize there is no point.

I should just keep things as they are with her. As long as I'm not a witness there is nothing really to talk to her about. It's very sad.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Morwen, did you tell your sister that she was the "spawn of Satan". I'm sorry, I know that it's ok for you to talk about your family, but not others. But what she said was mean! That was the only finger that I could find to give her!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Morwen, it really gets to them when you tell them that they are the one's that's demonized. Tell them what they are doing, following a cult, handing out pamphlets that have nothing to do with the bible, and wishing death on the rest of the world. That's the damn devil!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit