Golden Age Goodies

by Leolaia 279 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sistab_b
    sistab_b

Leolaia

Witnesses don't follow the teachings of the Golden age and haven't for many years. There are many that don't even know the publications exist. Why are you indulging in the past? What happened in your life that hurt you so bad that you spend all your spare time looking for ways to hurt the organization? What do you get from this? The joy that almost no one that really matters reads this stuff? You have to register at this site in order to even be bothered with this hate bashing? What about today? How can you entertain us with recent publications of the watchtower or awake that you find inaccurate? Also when you add posts do you think you can show that it is not in your own words...your not consistent. Some of your posts look like you got it from somewhere...others we have to take your word for it. I just ask you know with me being a newcomer and all....Do you do this to catholics and other religions too? I just figured you know since you were going to all this trouble that you were an equal opportunity basher.....

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Witnesses don't follow the teachings of the Golden age and haven't for many years. There are many that don't even know the publications exist. Why are you indulging in the past?

*runs to get the popcorn* -->

• VM44
    VM44

Before Leolaia answers I am going to make this comment.

The Golden Age magazines are important as they show us today the attitudes and thoughts of Rutherford and others at the Watchtower in the 1920's and 1930's. From these people came the Jehovah's Witnesses of today, inluding many of the doctrines and beliefs they still hold.

Any hateful words are words contained in the articles from these early magazines. Any embarrassement to the Watchtower comes from what they wrote back then in their magazines. One cannot understand the JWs without knowing from where they originated.

The older Golden Age and Watchtower issues are like time capsules, each one giving some insight as to the origin and history of the WT organization.

--VM44

• Quandry
    Quandry

Also, just think!!! The Governing Body states that Holy Spirit directs the organization. Did Holy Spirit direct that hair would fall out if it was bobbed? How about the worms causing appendicitis? How about the many people who were taught that organ transplant was cannibalism? Then the GB saw "new light" but unfortunately it did not come soon enough for some. What was that expression-"Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it?"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What's the matter, Sistab_b? No stomache for a little persecution?

"Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake."

What fool said that? Certainly not a Dub, you can bet on it!

Sistab_b, you would be well advised to stop trying to divine the nature of our personal lives and focus instead on the issues raised.

These bullcrap magazines were published by Jehovah's Spirit-Directed™ Organization, WERE THEY NOT?

As President of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, Judge Rutherford was the chief spokesman for Jehovah, WAS HE NOT?

Why do you run in shame when his angelic revelations are brought to light? Is the smell of old fermented light offensive to you?

What weaknesses of character do YOU have, Sistab_B, that make you incapable of addressing the issue: that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society IS NOT and NEVER HAS BEEN "God's organization."

• TD
    TD

Why are you indulging in the past?

Leolaia will not doubt comment at length, but there's one really obvious reason.

Current teachings that are directly traceable to the ignorance, quackery and general animosity towards legitimate medical professionals displayed in The Golden Age are one way in which that past is relavant today.

And there's no better example of this today than the transfusion medicine taboo. It is directly traceable to mistaken notions about what blood does in the body. I'd be more than happy to document this for you.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I suspect Sista B is gone; too bad.
    In my old congregation, there was a sister who lost her husband to cancer; she was convinced that it was because she had cooked with aluminum cookware.

A close friend of mine refused transfusions for some reason; later I learned it was her mother's influence.

WHERE could they have gotten these ideas?

From old Golden Age articles, I would learn; both of those crazy ideas were internalized by many, and even when they were abandoned, some of the rank and file felt that the new thinking was apostasy. Rutherford said that vaccines were evil pus, not ft for anyone. Aluminum cookware was apparently the devil's tool.

THAT is why it is so important to read this old stuff; it really IS still present in the minds of many older witnesses.

P

• VM44
    VM44

I believe that the ban on vaccinations and blood transfusions was the result of the Golden Age editor's (Clayton Woodworth) fear of spiritual or bodily impurity.

He had a fear of contamination, be it from aluminum posioning, demonic possession, or from vaccination injections or blood transfusions.

This is probably why Woodworth also did not believe that germs caused disease. A person who was fanatical about being pure could not admit that they were continually surrounded by germs. That bacteria was everpresent both in the environment and in one's body. Knowing germs were in his body and that he could do nothing about it would have driven him crazy. Much better to blame disease as being caused by cooking in aluminum cookware, or by the atoms of one's body vibrating at the wrong frequency.

Such a mind would readily believe that good health comes from spiritual and bodily purity along with all the atoms in the body vibrating at their own healthful frequencies.

This is the kind of person whom Jehovah God chose to be his people for his name?

--VM44

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    [T]he bobbed hair craze is sure to lead to baldness, sooner or later. The reason for this is that human hair is like a tube sealed at the free end. When the hair is cut, the oils which are the life of the hair become dissipated. The reason why men grow bald so quickly is that they have their hair cut so frequently and, in addition, wear tightly fitting hats, which cut off the circulation of the scalp. The reason why women, hitherto, have had such beautiful hair is that they have not cut it; and the twisting and folding of the hair has helped to retain the natural oil. Many women have turned against the fashion of bobbing the hair, and are letting their hair grow again.

And here was I thinking all this time that male pattern baldness was genetic (and incidentally prostate cancer is more prevalent in bald men).

Don't you just hate it when you get a hair cut and all of the oil pours out the ends of all the hairs?

Must be why I've seen so many bald women around these days. "No, I haven't been treated for leukemia, I've just had too many haircuts."

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I love this:

Many women have turned against the fashion of bobbing the hair, and are letting their hair grow again.

It's magnificent; I used to read every WT para and look for the manipulative sentence; there's was always something in there that very smartly turned an unsubstantiated fact into an obligation. Here, they've decided that they don't like women bobbing their hair, so have decided to pretend that it's become unfashionable, and is a health hazard no less. I'll bet every poor sister who read this started growing her hair again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit