Good News no GREAT NEWS!!!

by Lady Lee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

Very happy to read this Lady Lee. Great News.

Just started your story
    ((insert hug here))

mac - no toys on this board. :-(

wp

• blondie
    blondie

Good grief; let the good times roll!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh gawd Blondie I swear the neighbors can hear me LMHO

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Cangratulations, Lady Lee. I certainly know what this involves with my own parents going through the same thing.

• nowisee
    nowisee

i am happy for you too! may this bring relief and ease to you. no one deserves it more.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Good news Lady Lee! I'm so happy you will be taken care of in the way you deserve! OK, you deserve even better, but it's still great news!

Cog

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Well I am already in subsidized housing and I was really lucky to get a wonderful, modified (large bathroom to fir a wheelchair if I need with safety bars around the tub and lowered counters and stove in the kitchen) but small apartment in a senior's building. No drugs, no alcohol problems. It is very quiet, safe, clean, modern and friendly. Also very close to transportation. Because I am in subsidized housing they pay a percentage of my electric bill. Some people in subsidized housing have their hydro included in the rent. Since I pay mine separately they help with the bill.

In the winter I get extra money for transportation but that is not granted in the summer when it is easier for me to get around on my own.

Going on disability changes none of that but I get a huge monthly allowance for personal expenses.

Oh good, it sounds like you're being reasonably well looked after. And double your former income is a good outcome in anyone's language!

So are there different levels/areas of support between Federal and Provincial Govts., like there is here?

Some people in subsidized housing have their hydro included in the rent.
    Not sure what this is...
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    So are there different levels/areas of support between Federal and Provincial Govts., like there is here?

Each province has it's own income support programs. So if I move to another province I have to reapply there. The Federal govt gives each province part of the money for these programs

Some people in subsidized housing have their hydro included in the rent.
    Not sure what this is...

Not sure about subsidized housing? or that some people have their electricity included in their rents?

In Ottawa a certain percent of all apartments buildings have to be made available to people on Social Assistance, Disablity. and low income families.

Some apartment buildings will include the electricity/heating expenses into the rent so instead of paying rent and an electricity bill they only have one bill to pay. And there are apartment buildings where people are responsible to pay the electricity themselves. Someone realized this is not fair. If someone lives in a one bill building and the govt is paying for it then the people like me who have 2 bills were having to pay the entire electricity themselves. To even it out a percentage of what I get is for rent and an added percentage is for the electricity

• bem
    bem

What a relief for you Lady Lee! Good to hear someone have such excellent news

Dorothy

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Not sure about subsidized housing? or that some people have their electricity included in their rents?

The reference to "hydro" threw me - I thought it might be something to do with hydrotherapy, actually!

Interesting you call your power "hydro" - here we'd have to call it "gas" or "coal". But I'd love to be able to call it "nuke", if only to get hippies like UncleBruce hyperventilating.

What's the deal with public transport for pensioners in your neck of the woods?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit