Good News no GREAT NEWS!!!

by Lady Lee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ferret
    ferret

Congratulations Lady Lee I know what an ordeal it is to go through the system. My son just went through the same thing, as he suffers from meneres disease and has little equilibrium. He finally got it after getting our MPP involved. All the best to you, someday when in your area will let you know and visit you.

Bob.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

that is GREAT NEWS!!

congrats to you - it's a much deserved victory to you!

• sf
    sf

Fabtabulous!!

I'm not sure if you are aware that you will be receiving retro-active payments as well as a monthly income.

Great news indeed.

How have you be feeling lately, after all the writing and "purging"?

sKally

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

YAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Lady Lee!

• Es
    Es

Fantastic Ladylee, im so happy for you

Congrats

es

• Cellist
    Cellist

Great News!!!!!!

Cellist

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Great to hear you got it, Lady Lee! WIth the suffering you've endured, you certainly deserve it.

Are there any other perks with this pension? Like assistance with certain bills, rental assistance, travel concessions, etc?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Congrats, Lady Lee! That is WONDERFUL news!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Are there any other perks with this pension? Like assistance with certain bills, rental assistance, travel concessions, etc?

Well I am already in subsidized housing and I was really lucky to get a wonderful, modified (large bathroom to fir a wheelchair if I need with safety bars around the tub and lowered counters and stove in the kitchen) but small apartment in a senior's building. No drugs, no alcohol problems. It is very quiet, safe, clean, modern and friendly. Also very close to transportation. Because I am in subsidized housing they pay a percentage of my electric bill. Some people in subsidized housing have their hydro included in the rent. Since I pay mine separately they help with the bill.

In the winter I get extra money for transportation but that is not granted in the summer when it is easier for me to get around on my own.

Going on disability changes none of that but I get a huge monthly allowance for personal expenses.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Great news Lady Lee !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit