Re: What do you do for a living?

by MARTINLEYSHON 37 Replies latest jw friends

• rassillon
    rassillon

i don't know what I would of liked to of done......mechanical engineer / race car builder programmer and network administrator

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

eddie c---wonderful answer, great attitude. i myself did not go to college, tho i wish i had. im self employed in a physical labor type job, make good $, and happy to do what i want when i want. i wish i had any job in the music field, if it paid close to what i make now.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Since I grew up in the Olden Days, all I ever wanted was to get married and have babies and be a homemaker. That's what I did for about 25 years.

When our daughter got engaged in 1987, I started cleaning houses (with her) to save money for her wedding. I ended up doing that for way too many years. It was really good money, but very hard work.

Now I market nutritional supplements from my website. I also am the bookkeeper for the drywall contracting business my husband and sons own. (I had to take lessons from an accountant to learn how to do that) I don't have to work because my husband has always made a very good living, but it's nice to have extra money too. I am still mainly a homemaker, mother and grandma, with all the benefits.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

1) I should have been a physiotherapist

2) I am a software tester

• oldflame
    oldflame

After 31 years in the trades I am now facing permanant unwanted disability.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I am supposed to be managing a Power Station for a Mining Site in a Third World Country - though at times I feel more like I am trying to teach kindergarten!

I would liked to have done the same thing as Alan F:

i.e. a university degree in Electrical Engineering. That way, you don't have to go somewhere the other side of the proverbial "Black Stump" (or the Torres Strait) in order to get a decent job.

Given my time over again, back in 1971 I would have told the BOE to go stand in the "Far Queue" when they tried to stop me from going to university - instead of capitulating to them, like happened.

The observations of a raggedy-arsed electrician,

Jack from Reefton.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I'm a union carpenter. Great job, lots of fun.

• Legolas
    Legolas

1. A Marine Biologist

2. I am an R.C.W, but I do inventory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit