Re: What do you do for a living?

by MARTINLEYSHON 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

1. I work in entertainment.

2. I always wanted to be a commercial pilot.

• luna2
    luna2

1. I don't really know...which is why I didn't pursue anything in particular. I think I'd like to have a job in publishing but since I don't really know what types of jobs are available in that field, this is strictly a pipe dream.

2. I'm an office manager in a largish hardware store.

• rekless
    rekless

a chiropractor but became a California licensed general building contractor instead.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I had an interest in history/archaelogy, medicine, psychology and programming. I did pursue a degree straight out of high school, despite being a JW, and ended up getting a bachelor's degree in Computer Science because I could advance in that field with a 4 year degree. The other fields required a much greater investment of time, and I didn't have parental support. I currently work in software development as a project manager.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

1. I'm a Union Electrician.

2. I wanted to be an engineer and am now working towards that goal.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

1. Would've liked to pursue psychology or law

2. Became a freelance grant writer

• eddie c
    eddie c

I took up window cleaning in 1973 so that i would be free to spend more time in the preaching work. I thought,this will do me until 1975.

Well here i am 33 tears later still polishing the glass. Do i have regrets?, no . I am my own Boss and i work when and as hard as i want to. I have raised my three sons and dont owe anyone a bean.During a recent hot spell i finished early,came home and enjoyed a glass of wine while cooling off in our overground Pool.

My job has brought me into contact with some wonderful people,in fact in a few weeks me and my wife are going away with two of my long-time customers who are celebrating thier 30th Wedding anniversary.They have invited us as thier guests for the weekend.

Dont get bitter.....have a guiness instead.

• moshe
    moshe

I have been a union electrican for 35 years- first in construction for the past 12 years as UAW skilled tradesman- currently on paid furlough due to a Chrysler plant closing last year, awaiting transfer to another plant. Yes, I get paid to sit home. I have been home 24/7 for over 6 months and have I seen a JW on my street? Nope, not in the 4 years I have lived here have they come down my street. I asked the 2 JW's at work just before the plant closed, " I bet you can't wait to be a fulltime pioneer". I could tell from the look on their faces that pioneering was not on their agenda.

• parakeet
    parakeet

2 degrees in English. Now a copy editor.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

1. Songwriter
    2. Songwriter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit