Re: What do you do for a living?

by MARTINLEYSHON 37 Replies latest jw friends

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

As many of you are aware being brought up in the Organisation, there was a general directive from the WT that secular education was good, but not encouraged as far as University and further education was concerned.

Many witnesses left school in the 70s with no formal qualifications. My question therefore is 2 fold.

1. What would you have liked to become as far as your career is concerned?

2. What do you now do for a living?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

1. Book Editor, English Major, and/or Psychologist/Psychiatrist

2. Travel Agent

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
  • MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Bad Girl

I am an Authorised High Court Enforcement Officer. There are 68 of us in England and Wales appointed by the Lord Chancellor.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Nursing Assistant, going back to school to become a hospital medical assistant in September.

Have a degree in Business Management I recieved prior to joining the WT, also work as a researcher and freelance writer for a Christian magazine published in India.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I did go to university and several other JWs in the congo also went and there was no animosity towards us, that was a congo that appreciated university education.

I studied biochemistry.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am an Office Supervisor in the admin section of a hospital

I have a Degree in English Language, and hoped to become a teacher before becoming a jw. I am currently trying to fulfil that ambition post - jw

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I've always loved history and would have loved to have become an archeologist. Perhaps I may still pursue that once my children are a little older. If I had ever believed I could have done anything with my life, I'd probably be digging in the dirt somewhere in Greece or Egypt right now.

Now I do freelance website design and Virtual Assistant work. It's a great thing to be able to work your own schedule when you have little ones!

I started encouraging my girls to go to University the moment they could understand what I was saying. We have college funds set up and everything. They know already that they can be whatever they want to be and we will help them every step of the way.

• Terry
    Terry

1. I've always wanted to be a filmmusic composer

2.I work in a bookstore in the Religion and Philosophy section

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    I am an Authorised High Court Enforcement Officer. There are 68 of us in England and Wales appointed by the Lord Chancellor.

Is this what you would be doing if you could do anything you want?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit