Your Gift/Talent (or similar)

by KW13 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Luna said: I absolutely cannot think of anything I'm talented at enough to mention

Well.....you can tell the nut and bolt guy off pretty good.......and you put up with KW13's smartassed comments better than I do.

*me thinks KW wants ta ask you out, but he jes doesn't know how.....too fixated on what Gumby does for a livin'.*

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

My talents, I guess fixing stuff and organizing, I get to do alot of that at work and others ask me to give them ideas often.

Well....I can draw.;P

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/l/i/liliane/liliane.html

Other then that....hmmm, I don't. I'm a good listener, is that a talent?lol

Well Lilycurly, my nephew is also on this site and does the same type of drawings, he is designing a tattoo for me at this time... well still waiting for it, but he's working on it... loll If you want I'll send you the link by e-mail as he has the same family name and dont want to alert all the elders around my area!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

After growing up with everyone telling me I was stupid I have discovered there are many things I am good at.

I know:

• I was a really good sign language interpreter. Now I'm rusty due to lack of use.
    • I was a really good counsellor.
    • I am pretty good at building things (desk, bookshelf, a shed)
    • I can open the CPU, take everything out and put it back together and it will still work
    • I am pretty at photo editing and restoration

luna - try thinking of what you really enjoy doing. That is where you will most often find your talent.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I can mix a wicked cocktail.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I can mix a wicked cocktail.

Im good at drinking them! I like to sing, think i do a pretty good job. I like to write poems, got a few published. And my new hobby is making canes, all hand carved. Just got my "budlight" cane finished.

• serendipity
    serendipity

My gifts are kind of boring and related to my job in software development: i.e. I write a good requirements document and I'm great at handling issues and identifying risks for projects. I can also see the forest AND the trees.

Outside of work, don't really have any gifts, don't excel in any one area, but I know how to balance all my responsibilities.

I guess I should develop some interesting hobby, like naked body part painting, or something.

• juni
    juni

Looked at your site Lil and you do have talent!! Love your themes.

I love to do floral design, used to sew a lot for the kids and myself, made curtains, bedspreads, motorcycle seats, pop up camper canvas sides, re upholstering. Stenciling. I can only draw stick people. Use to cut hair.

Juni

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Lapuce- Yeah! I'd love to see what he does. It's a small world!

And thanks people. Hehe, and sorry about the little bit of self-promotion. A talent I would love to have though...is singing, I like singing, but I just can't! That's depressing.lol

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I can type 80 words per minute.

(That sounds like a really sad "talent" but it is useful for my work ....)

Girl

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Oh yeah, and I also meant to say: Lily, that your art is AMAZING.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit