Your Gift/Talent (or similar)

by KW13 62 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

your all gifted except good girl/bad girl

kiddin, some good talents there

• puck
    puck

i do a lot of theatre -- my gf and i are actually in the midst of starting a theatre company.

i make a fine cup of coffee.

i do some artistic nonsense, and can fix things.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Says KW:

your all gifted except good girl/bad girl

Says ME: AM TOO! (How's that for a compelling argument? I learned childish arguing tactics from the theocratic ministry school - ha ha just kidding, they won't let me into their school!) I can drive, eat, apply my make-up, talk on the cell phone, and listen to music all at the same time (NOW does my "no car accidents" talent seem much more skillfill???) BUT I DON'T DO IT because those drivers are so annoying. I just know how to do it.

• KW13
    KW13
    I learned childish arguing tactics from the theocratic ministry school

me too

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

1. I design, crochet and write up my own patterns for.......afghans, baby clothes, Irish lace and flowers, shamrocks, novelty children's and women's sweaters and hats. Am planning to get patterns copyrighted beginning soon and put up a website to sell the patterns, featuring pics of the items, including a purple Irish lace blouse for Kristi (my MS patient that died as a result of cancer treatment) and I will donate the proceeds for Kristi's blouse pattern to the Cancer Society.

2. I'm pretty good at taking a photograph (head shot) and doing it in pastels for framing. I began when I was 12 yo. with colored chalk on a blackboard.

3. I can sing. Have you ever heard Aussie, Jennifer Rush live in concert, singing "The Power of Love?" That's exactly what I sound like. My daughter bought a recording of Jennifer's rendition back in the '80's (I think Rush was the first one to record it) and surprised me with it, because I had never even heard the song before.

4. I'm a pretty good cook......Italian, Mexican/Tex-Mex, Cajun and Southern cuisines.

5. I read fast........a LOT.

6. Being fairly creative in nature, I can create beautifully decorated and padded photo albums and love to redo old furniture and design my own clothes.

7. I have a wry (and yes, sometimes silly) sense of humor. Sometimes I even bother to write down my humorous observations. Maybe one day, I'll do a standup routine.

8. I can do a lot of things for myself that others pay good money for professionals to do. I don't have formal training for most of these things, but I just have a knack or can pick things up by observing someone else do something I'm interested in knowing how to do.

One really big drawback is that I sabotage my own efforts to be successful in anything. I think I fear success. Don't know why. Perhaps I don't feel worthy of success.

Frannie

• KW13
    KW13

a lot of talents, good luck with number 1 and i hope your feelings in the last point ya made change

nice to see ya btw

• Forscher
    Forscher

Lets see.
    I am good with languages. For me learning a new language is exciting and fun. I am a good writer, though you wouldn't know it from some of the misspelling in my posts. I am working on a novel myself. I have a talent for cooking, my wife often jokes that she married me for that reason.
    Forscher

• restrangled
    restrangled

Shooting my mouth off when I'm PO'd, and then getting into trouble.

Home improvement stuff, plumbing, electrical, I've put down wood floors etc. and decorating.

I play the piano, am an avid gardener and am a pretty good cook.

r.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    a lot of talents, good luck with number 1 and i hope your feelings in the last point ya made change

nice to see ya btw

Thanks, KW13!

X's & O's

Frannie

• serendipity
    serendipity

Glad to "see" ya Frannie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit