may i say hello?!?

by isthisit 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome to the board.

Old people often say they wish they could be young again with the wisdom they have now. I feel that, and I wish i was you. My story is very similar to yours, CO father, i was in bethel but rebellious enough to have gotten a Uni degree beforehand. By 24 I knew it was not the truth but stayed till 35 for 'friends'. You know what happens? At 35 I left and found none of those people were really my friends, and now I have to make new friends as I never had the chance to make them when young. I missed out on the best years of my life.

JWs are loyal to the organisation before their friendship to you. No matter what they say, when the crunch comes they will shun you. You will suffer for having been misfortunate enough to have been raised a JW, but the sooner you do it the easier, and the better for the remainder of your life.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Yes you can say "hello" and welcome

It is hard being raised in the "truth"tm, I know that feeling all too well.

You have found a great place to get the "therapy" you will need to help you cope with the transition, or decision you want to make.

I am personally fading.... (not making vocal about it...just quit the meetings) I have 2 adult children that I have to try to get "out of the religion" but knowing them, as they think like me, you can't just blurt out and say: It's not the truth (tm)...lol

I recommend you read both of Steve Hassan's books about Cult Mind Control....they will give you tips on how to help other family or friends out of a cult...yes...I said "cult"....

keep posting....and reading...

Codeblue

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Permit me to reciprocate the hello. Glad you're here.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome isthisit!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear isthisit,

WELCOME!!!!! You will find many here that can understand your feelings, and will prove to be a pillar to you. Hang in there, your not alone!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• kristyann
    kristyann

Hello back! I'm glad you're here and hope you keep posting.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Welcome.

You will find yourself on a rollercoaster of emotions right now. I never though mine would go away but things get better, much better.

It is very hard when family are in and your seem to be in deep. The ones who love you will want to do what they think is right for you but you must go with your true feelings otherwise you will continue to be miserable.

At one time I considered not leaving just so that I didnt have to face the problems thet leaving the org creates. Fortunately I made the break and I am now truely happy.

I was miserable too at one time but that is what happens when you are trying to live a life that you know is wrong.

All the best and be brave.

PS - it will be a big help that you have worldly friends to support you. You will need them.

• luna2
    luna2

Hola, isthisit! Welcome!

Baby steps, child, baby steps. First you lurked, now you are posting. This is good. As time goes on you will discover what it is that you want, how you wish to live your life, and what you need to do to get there. Talking it out here on the board is very helpful.

• KW13
    KW13

Well good luck on this new journey of yours, i know it can't be easy for you.

Wish you all the best and look forward to your posts.

Welcome to JWD

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, isthisit. I hope you can find a way to get out gracefully.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit