may i say hello?!?

by isthisit 31 Replies latest jw friends

• isthisit
    isthisit

hello my name is isthisit and i have a confession to make, i'm an active JW and not happy. I am a lurker here and have to start posting. I am 22 and have been "born and raised" as well as being 4th generation. I buck the trend slightly and have just finished my bachelors and am about to go travelling for a while. I frankly am miserable and feel sort of trapped. My father is PO, i have numerous family members (immediate and extended) in bethel. I know its not the truth but find it hard to leave. I love my friends that are still in, but i love my friends that aren't. I don't know what to do. I am miserable, thank goodness for the board- it gives me a bit of hope that i will eventually find the strength to leave....

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

What exactly is making you lose interest in being a Witness?

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome isthisit. Stick around you will find many friends here regardless of what you say or believe. There are a lot of smart people on this board, who have been there and done that so to speak. Welcome again.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Of course you can say "hello". Welcome to the board

• Warlock
    Warlock

Welcome, isthisit:

Read some experiences, participate when you want to or when you can. You have found a group of people who can understand and sympathize with your situation.

Take your time and don't feel pressured into doing anything right now. There are many here who will give you good advice.

Warlock

• isthisit
    isthisit

i probably am the reason they say not to go to college, it teaches you how to study properly, how to think outside the box. I've seen some hypocrisy, both in my own hall and in the larger organisation that i don't like. Likewise the entire principle of "only jw's will be saved" has never ever sat well with me. I suppose college has taught me how to think like a human rather than a theocrat (no pun intended :))

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi isthisit and welcome to the board, so glad to have you here. If you are looking for help, this is the place to be.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Hello. Welcome. I wish you the very best.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi and Welcome! Hope you stay awhile.... this board will be a big help to you.... I look forward to your posts.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I suppose college has taught me how to think like a human rather than a theocrat (no pun intended :))

You're a good judge of character, at least. That bodes well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit