A Chance to Wreck The Society.....

by metatron 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Honesty is the best policy----even with the Society (who stink).

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I doubt it would cause much of a stir in this area. The jws are seen as a pain in the ass because of their door knocking, but no one really cares about their message, particukarly the local press, who are more concerned with the rise in crime locally than the rantings of some minor religious cult, however controversial they might be.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Please demonstrate where the following is dishonest:

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that all false religion and those who adhere to false religion will soon be destroyed at Armageddon. Please note in the enclosed tract the symbols depicted as characteristic of false religion. Jehovah's Witnesses are sounding out a warning to get out of such false religious institutions and join them in proclaiming the judgment soon to come.

Enclose tract, end of letter. Possibly leave the phone number and address of their local Kingdom Hall. I really don't see any dishonesty involved in such a letter. I would love to be corrected quickly, because I am about to start a local campaign.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I personally feel like we are winning the war with our current tactics! Keep possible converts educated and their membership will shrink! Every time you see a magazine in a dr's office write "this is a dangerous cult it protects pedophile's-www.silentlambs.com" and put it back!

They are now in the negative zone in the US they will fall soon! If we rock the boat to hard some may jump back in!

• minimus
    minimus

Do whatever you want AS. But that's not ultimately the best approach in my opinion.

• Jourles
    Jourles

There are a few issues that should be brought up first...

One, we are not even sure what content this special "tract" contains. It could very well be that the WTS has simply rehashed old material into a newer looking tract. It seems in the last decade or so the WTS has poked at other religions less and less. When was the last time they targeted a specific religion and bashed them?(have a CDROM handy?) Or have they just used the term false religion in most articles? I have a feeling that the tract will be pretty broad and general in scope and will not make mention of any specific religion at all. Sure, they *might* include a picture or two of a church steeple with a cross at the top, but would you be able to distinguish which church they are illustrating? Of course not. They wouldn't dare fire a salvo across the bow of a larger specific denomination. Those days are waaay over.

Secondly, what is the main difference between this upcoming activity and every other one that has happened over the last century? Not a whole hell of a lot. These special distributions are for one purpose. It certainly isn't for fundraising. We know everything is tied to money in one way or another, but I would guess that 99.999% of witnesses out there that will be distributing these tracts will not be asking for a donation for this tract. So what is the purpose of distributing these tracts? To get the jdubs out in field service. Get them excited about being a witness. Most witnesses will feel special and important if they are offered to help out in a *big* way. What about the irregular publishers and those that are afraid of going out in service? These types of campaigns are another way to help ease these ones back into the routine. The pubs don't have to do anything special. Just walk up to the door and say, "Hi, we're distributing this tract to everyone in your neighborhood which is also happening across the globe just for this month. Have a good day." You don't need any knowledge of the scriptures or jw doctrines to do this type of campaign. It's the jw version of shock and awe. Go in there and hit em' with the tract and move on. Easy.

And thirdly, we already know the WTS is hurting financially. They have taken the right steps as a corporation to help alleviate the bleeding of red ink. I'm sure if it was up to them, they would build build build. Afterall, if they're growing, Jah has their back. It's a visible indiciator to the r&f that they are still golden. There is no way in hell they would risk lawsuits or any other persecution at this point in time. They just are not ready for it yet. You gotta remember their one prophecy - All of false religion will be destroyed and only then will "Satan" turn on the JW's. They realize that they have to survive a lot longer now. How would it look to the r&f if they went bankrupt, liquidated all assets, and dissolved themselves before all of false religion was wiped out? This is one prophecy that they have stuck with from the early days. It's also one that I don't think they can change. They've used it too much.

So those are just my thoughts. I say leave 'em be. They are self-destructing in front of our very eyes as we type. Who knows how long it may take, but it will eventually happen. If we keep working on ways to stop the cashflow - i.e. opening the minds of jw's - this will hurt them the most in the long run. Let's not give them ammunition to print articles about apostates and the tactics we use. Just speak the truth about the truth and everything will be fine.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

That isn't helpful, minimus. Dishonesty was what you cited as your con, I am trying to find out what is dishonest about it. I don't think my moral compass has broken to the extent that I can no longer distinguish between ethical dissemination of information that some would prefer to keep hidden, or inferred by graphics alone (a classic propagandists tool), and unethically lying or twisting facts to mislead others.

I am begging here, folks. If there is dishonesty afoot in the approach suggested by metatron, please point it out distinctly. Otherwise, I think the appraoch is very honest and would likely serve to further innoculate the public from their insidious doctrine that no longer even warns the public beforehand that there is a requirement of organizational obedience. Often, Jehovah's Witnesses get away with judgmentalist propaganda because their art work has no public attention drawn to itself.

Often, symbolism like that mentioned by metatron is depicted along with a caption that reads (innocuously enough), "Those who falsely claim to worship God will experience his displeasure." Nearly any theist would agree with the statement. But the context would be ire raising, to say the least.

But, as Jourles mentions, we don't yet know the content of the tract. If it is honestly representative of their doctrine, however, it is a sure bet that this strategy could be usefully employed.

But that's not ultimately the best approach in my opinion.

What is the best approach, in your opinion?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Metatron and AuldSoul

So long as one doesn't present themselves as a believing jw, I don't see any dishonesty with your proposed campaign. As to how effective it'll be, I can't say.

I'm with minimus that there are probably better approaches. Like say, letting people know about how the WTS is trying to suppress information sources like the former QUOTES website. And disseminating that very same information.

• wednesday
    wednesday

There is nothing wrong with getting their own words into peoples hands. these same people might never take a tract from jws but if given to them in another mannner, if may be a real eye opener for them. jws want to spread their beliefs, well ok.. What is dishnest about using their own words? sort ot of what quotes did, he just put up their own words. no captionis necessary, just their own tracts.

I don't see any dishonety here. I'd not go door to door to do it, but mailed to religous editors, clergy, etc, what is wrong with that?

• glitter
    glitter

I am begging here, folks. If there is dishonesty afoot in the approach suggested by metatron, please point it out distinctly.

More than that, by posing as Witnesses, these tracts may be sent to various people and groups with accompanying letters

warning them that "God is going to kill you and your children soon!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit