Society goes nuts--yet another "special" campaign for September!

by sir82 65 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

inthetruth said:

: It was just a small group of morons calling themselves witnesses that did.

Well, I agree that a small group of morons calling themselves witnesses taught that 1975 would bring Armageddon, but these morons were none other than the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, led mainly by Fred Franz. And these morons influenced the community of JWs to go along with them to a great extent. I know, because they influenced me to do and not do a lot of things based on accepting their false teaching. This began for a lot of JWs in 1967, the year I was baptized. At this time, many Circuit Servants (as Circuit Overseers were called back then) and other Watchtower officials did everything they could to get the word out about 1975.

AlanF

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Wonder what happened to 'Inthetruth'?

Hope you're still here and reading.

My parents sold everything they owned and moved a couple thousands miles across country to help out where "the need was greater". This was in 1968 and we only had a few years left....or at least that's what my parents thought. They are still waiting. They're old now....and since I'm not waiting with them...they won't talk to me. Tell them I still love 'em.

lisa

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Nothing new or nuts about this. The society have always been doing events like this all the time. And those who participated or the ones who gave up their homes and moved someplace else did it on their own free will. Nobody pointed a gun at them and forced them. Now as crazy as the society ideas sound, the fact is that every single one who gave money or something up in order to work for the society did it because they felt it was the right thing to do. If you really want to blame someone blame the persons who fell for this and gave up their lifes for a lost cause. Now that time is lost and for some of us who have gone thru this ourselves now is the time to keep living our lives the best way we can. A lot of comments here remind me of an old ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend. Now that we finally broken up with the ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend we are griping and moaning about all the wasted time and money we spent on them. When the case should be that we should be out free and looking for new opportunities instead of being miserable for the rest of our lives.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    When the case should be that we should be out free and looking for new opportunities instead of being miserable for the rest of our lives.

And you are here because...............?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Special campaigns this year are for a magazine, a district convention invitation, and for a tract. Let's see, now. How do we save money and keep those publishers busy. If they stop offering stuff, they might get comfortable, that's no good. First we'll have them spend time just inviting people to the District Convention, that's a single sheet of paper. We print the magazine less often, and they're going to place it anyway, let's tell them to place ONLY the magazine, then we will need less books. We still want to cut back on the books, so let's offer a thin tract in the Fall. That should cut costs for a couple months. Maybe we can get another new tract out after that in Spring of 2007. In-between, we'll tell them to place literature in-stock at the Kingdom Hall.

It's happening faster than I could imagine, they are running out of money profits.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

inthetruth,you lie..Why?..WBT$ published articles in the Awake and Watchtower on the subject of 1975..Jehovah`s Witness`s had to peddle that crap.Now they pretend not to remember.They lie..A religion based on lies is not the truth..WBT$ teaches the Father of the lie,is Satan..Inthetruth,are you a Satan worshiper?..LOL!!..........................This new campain is hillarious.Everyone is going to pretend it`s so exciting..Just like 1975,none of them will remember it in 20yrs..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit