Society goes nuts--yet another "special" campaign for September!

by sir82 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"Are you distressed about crimes committed in the name of religion? ... The fault lies, not with all religion, but with false religion."

Just remember... when you're pointing one finger at someone... there are 4 pointing back at you.

Regards,

Jim TX

• sir82
    sir82
    corruption perpetrated by those who claim to serve God offend your sense of justice?

It most certainly does!

Particularly when members of a religion's "Bethel family" solicit for sex with teenaged boys!

• sspo
    sspo

Interestingly, Wat. always reminded us how Babylon the Great waters were drying up, churches would be closed and less membership.

just the opposite has happened , more people are going to church than ever before.

another prophecy fulfilled

• blondie
    blondie

The waters drying up in BTG, is one of those WT doctrines that they don't mention much any more. Actually since 1990, there has only been 2 references to the waters of BTG drying up in the future not already drying up.

ip-2 chap. 5 p. 74 par. 25 The True God Foretells Deliverance ***

Just as Babylon’s protective waterways failed to save her from Cyrus, so the ‘waters’ of mankind that support and protect Babylon the Great will be "dried up" before she is justly destroyed.—Revelation 16:12.

ip-1 chap. 17 p. 216 par. 4 "Babylon Has Fallen!" ***

In Revelation, Babylon the Great is likewise portrayed in connection with "a wilderness" and "waters." The apostle John is carried away to a wilderness to be shown Babylon the Great. He is told that she "sits on many waters" representing "peoples and crowds and nations and tongues." (Revelation 17:1-3, 5, 15) Popular support has always been a key to the survival of false religion, but such "waters" will not protect her in the end. Like her ancient counterpart, she will end up empty, neglected, and desolate.

re chap. 35 p. 256 par. 16 Executing Babylon the Great ***

God’s people are already warning Babylon the Great that the water of the river Euphrates will dry up.

w84 3/1 p. 17 par. 6 Kingdom Unity a Reality Today ***

The "many waters" of Revelation 17:1, 15—"peoples and crowds and nations and tongues" of this godless world—have been withdrawing their support from religion, so that financial support for religion has been drying up also.

w80 10/15 p. 20 par. 16 Execution of the "Great Harlot" Nears ***

Note that the overthrow of ancient Babylon was immediately preceded by the dropping of the literal waters of the Euphrates River. Is there a similar dropping of the symbolic waters (humans) from underneath modern Babylon? Yes, there is, and it is taking place right before our very eyes!—Rev. 16:1, 12.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

how does this special campaign tie in with the sept watchtower article about inactive ones leaving jehovah i wonder?

• blondie
    blondie

Historically, the WTS has especially targeted inactive JWs to get involved in the tract work. Sort of ease them back into the d2d.........also, they had the elders call specially on the inactive with the tract.

This is very similar to the campaign to invite the inactive to the memorial every year. Lots of words on paper and little action.

Blondie

• inthetruth
    inthetruth

The title to the campaign is NOT titled "false religion end is near" or anything like that!

about the remark I read about the 70's tract campaigns: In the 70's a small group of witnesses thought the end would come in 1975. However, the WTS and a large group of true witnesses did NOT preach that or even think that. It was just a small group of morons calling themselves witnesses that did. when the end did not come like they thought it should, they left the religion, None of Jehovahs Witness Literature ever said anything about 1975 being the end.

Since 1914 we believe we have been living in the "end times" so of course tracts and brochures and literature says IT IS Coming. When? who knows the bible says no one knows the day or the hour. But, Everyday we wake up is a day closer. People all over the world no matter what religion they are, they think the world is headed for something big. As far as the comment about babylon the great fell back in the early 1900's. It did fall,* but can't get up (which means major world religions no longer could keep witnesses from preaching) but "babylon the great" is not yet DEAD. The death has not come yet, but it will, The Bible says it will someday, God does not lie, God is not one to be mocked.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Listen inthetruth, if you're gonna be an apologist, you need to take some cues from Thirdwitness. He doesn't embarass himself in topics he doesn't need to (only the more hot-button issues), and he's better at stretching the truth than you are.

Making false claims that are EASILY debunked is not the sign of an experienced apologist. You gotta make it easy for yourself, man! I mean right now, I can get the pdf of the new tract campaign, which really does say "False Religion's End Is Near." In fact, everyone and their momma on here has that pdf too. I can even take a picture of the KM if you want. Out and out lying isn't the best strategy for you.

Secondly, I can also direct you to a sound file of Fred Franz talking about all the things that needed to happen before "September 5, 1975" and the wealth of publications that pointed to that year as the likely start of the millenium. Secondly, claiming that it was only a few misguided JWs that thought 1975 was going to be the start of the millenium ignores a huge fact: all beliefs and doctrines come from the top down (not the ground up as you claim), and even if a group started this theory, the Watchtower did nothing to stop it. But that's not an issue, because you know that all beliefs come from the top down, and the Society is responsible for every doctrine.

You need some practice before you take your game to the court. You're looking kinda lightweight to me right now.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Thanks inthetruth, you've reminded me why I'll never go back. Fact: you're going to grow old and die. Be prepared for that accellerating feeling of having wasted your entire life, because it's going to sting if you work it out too late.

And that's the last troll food I'm going to throw it, honest!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

They've been saying "the end of false religion is near" for a very long time. Why should be it the topic of a "special campaign"???

*** w63 11/15 p. 692 Execution of Divine Judgment upon False Religion ***the end of all false religion is near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit