Society goes nuts--yet another "special" campaign for September!

by sir82 65 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

In an earlier post here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114651/1.ashx I noted the Society's "special campaign" for September, an "Awake" magazine dedicated to the topic of evolution vs. creation. There is a "special campaign" to highlight that magazine all month.

Got a call from our PO last night. There is going to be yet another "special campaign" in September -- a new "Kingdom News" tract. The title is something like "False Religion's End is Near". I'll hopefully get more details at the meeting tonight. Of course, as with the previously mentioned "special campaign", this is all "highly confidential" (dang, I keep forgetting if that applies to discussion boards...)

Anyway, "Kingdom News" campaigns typically last about 4 weeks. Every publisher gets 50 or 100 tracts, and little effort is made to engage householders in conversation. Just give a brief presentation, then move on to the next door. The goal is, theoretically, that every person in the territory gets a "witness". Practically, in most cases, that is not accomplished.

So, with the "District Convention" tract campaign, and the "Evolution Awake" campaign, that makes 3 "special campaigns" within a period of just a few months. In the past, you'd get a "special campaign" maybe once every 2 or 3 years.

Thoughts & observations:

-- This could be viewed as an act of near-desperation by the Society - while raw numbers of publishers are still inching upwards, that is due almost exclusively to foreign-language publishers, primarily Spanish. English-speaking publishers, still the bulk of the numbers in this country (and the source of the vast majority of contributions), are declining precipitously. AND the average amount of hours they are publishing is decreasing also. With all these "special campaigns", there seems to be a huge push to get people moving in the ministry again.

-- I wonder if this is an attempt to get the ex-Bethelites to "jump in" with their new congregations? Perhaps many of the "layoffs" will occur in August, and the ex-Bethelites will be arriving in their new congregations in September? If so, what better way to make it seem more exciting than to keep everyone occupied in busy-work.

-- What a fun message to preach! "Here is a tract explaining why all your cherished beliefs are wrong, wrong, WRONG, and furthermore, how Jesus Christ, rather than acting as a kind shepherd, is going to hurl an 8000 pound hailstone at your church (oh, and an 800 pound hailstone at your head, unless you join us)...Have a nice day!"

• jstalin
    jstalin
    False Religion's End is Near

Do they realize how ironic that is?

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    False Religion's End is Near
    Do they realize how ironic that is?

Same thought went thru my head as well.

• metatron
    metatron

Keep them busy and too distracted to think! Loudly assert the same nonsense, over and over again - because that's what

worked so well for the Nazis! ( "it's the Jews fault, it's the Jews fault....")

Assert the opposite of whatever is plaguing the organization - namely it's demise - by asserting the end of other religions.

metatron

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Add me as a 'meeee tooo' on the irony of the statement 'False Religion's End is Near'.

Of course... any attempt to 'end' their religion will be mis-interpreted as 'persecution'. *rolls eyes*

Regards,

Jim TX

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sir82,

Didn't they have the "False Religions End Is Near' on the back page of an earlier Kingdom News tract, say No. 35 or No. 36?

What is it with all these "Special Campaigns" anyway? Is it just to put fear and guilt into the average publisher?

Does anyone have a list of Kingdom News campaigns for the last 20 years or so?

• juni
    juni

I remember years back they likened the use of the special Kingdom tracts to the Israelites marching around Jericho's walls (7Xs ?) and blowing their horns. Last day walls came tumbling down.......

Anyone else remember that or did I have a vision?

Juni

• sir82
    sir82
    Sir82,

Didn't they have the "False Religions End Is Near' on the back page of an earlier Kingdom News tract, say No. 35 or No. 36?

What is it with all these "Special Campaigns" anyway? Is it just to put fear and guilt into the average publisher?

Does anyone have a list of Kingdom News campaigns for the last 20 years or so?

I don't recall the previous "Kingdom News" tracts, I tend to forget irrelevant stuff pretty fast.

2nd question: Yep, I think so.

3rd question: Probably someone with a CD handy could do search on old "Kingdom Ministries" and get the past several titles from there.

• yucca
    yucca

All big business have ad campaigns. I am wondering why they dont advertise on TV. It is expensive so maybe they dont want to part with the money. Most companies dont have people willing to go door to door to sell their wares for free. They have to offer good wages and benefits and retirement package. I feel sorry for those having to leave.I have Social security and pension and its still not easy with inflation and medical so high now. I just dont know how these people are going to make out.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I thought false religion (aka Babylon the Great) was destroyed in 1919. I am so confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit