Society goes nuts--yet another "special" campaign for September!

by sir82 65 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

inthe truth said:

about the remark I read about the 70's tract campaigns: In the 70's a small group of witnesses thought the end would come in 1975. However, the WTS and a large group of true witnesses did NOT preach that or even think that. It was just a small group of morons calling themselves witnesses that did. when the end did not come like they thought it should, they left the religion, None of Jehovahs Witness Literature ever said anything about 1975 being the end.

Just to put you right inthetruth

Public Address by District Overseer Bro. Charles Sunutko in Spring 1967 in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

"Serving with Everlasting Life in View"

[...]

But in this run for life, some of us looking forward to a change in this old system and its destruction for many years now, there are some of us who get a little weary. And a little tired. And sometimes we just want to throw our hands up and say 'I just don't know if I can go on any further.'

But, just like a runner when he's running a course, and he gets near to the end, just about the time he thinks he can't go on any further, he realizes 'well there's the goal ahead of [inaudible]' He's come around the last lap, and there it is! Well all of a sudden he just seems to get some reserve power from nowhere, and with a sudden surge of energy, on he goes to break the finish line rope and win the prize.

Well now, as Jehovah's Witnesses, as runners, even though some of us have become a little weary, it almost seems as though Jehovah has provided meat in due season. Because he's held up before all of us, a new goal. A new year. Something to reach out for and it just seems it has given all of us so much more energy and power in this final burst of speed to the finish line. And that's the year 1975.

There's been a lot of talk about the year, in fact even this week some individuals have been wondering, 'well, what does it mean? Do we dare talk about it? Is it something we can discuss among ourselves, even though we may not talk much about it in public? Do we really know what it means?'

Well, we don't have to guess what the year 1975 means if we read the Watchtower. Because the Watchtower has been very explicit as to what the year 1975 means to us. If you wish to write down the page, 262, in the [May 1] 1967 issue of the Watchtower, we read:

What does the year 1975 mean for humankind? The end of 6000 years of human existence, and possibly, [voice raising dramatically] the time when God executes the wicked and starts off a thousand-year reign under his son Jesus Christ

There's more to read at this link: http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/1975.html

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Dear Inthetruth:

As an active publisher, who experienced the '75 debacle as a teenager, I would like to say that you are grossly ignorant of your own religion's history. Not only was 1975 "preached," people were encouraged to sell their home and cash out businesses and retirements. You might want to spend some time reviewing the CD-Rom before you post here.

km5/74p.3HowAreYouUsingYourLife?***

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world?s end.?1 John 2:17.

Justitia

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

inthetruth wrote: "about the remark I read about the 70's tract campaigns: In the 70's a small group of witnesses thought the end would come in 1975. However, the WTS and a large group of true witnesses did NOT preach that or even think that. It was just a small group of morons calling themselves witnesses that did. when the end did not come like they thought it should, they left the religion, None of Jehovahs Witness Literature ever said anything about 1975 being the end." You obviously were not there. If you were, you were fringe, gone to college, or NOT LISTENING. Everyone KNEW the end was coming before 75; I am sure you are now being deluged with quotes. My circuit overseer stated it from stage; my elders sold their homes and quit their jobs to pioneer. Don't piss on my leg and say it's raining; I WAS THERE. If you were there, and you feel this way, you are seriously mentally ill.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    However, the WTS and a large group of true witnesses did NOT preach that or even think that.

You got to be kidding. Were you around during the early 70s? The "end" was preached at the local hall, and at circuit and district conventions. It was the topic of conversation with all witnesses. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    The title to the campaign is NOT titled "false religion end is near" or anything like that!

So, what is the title of the campaign? Is false religion's end not near?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Poor, confused, ignorant apologists are a dime a dozen.

I have a copy of the new tract. Here let me grab my copy and look.

Title: "The End Of False Religion Is Near!" When you get your copy [don't feel bad, us apostates are always getting the literature before the publishers do] notice that the front page is a picture of a lightning storm.

Page two answers the question "What is False Religion" - three succinct points made to 'prove' that.

Page three depicts the harlot on the back of the UN [though interestingly they call it 'the world's political powers' in paragraph 3].

The back page gives us a synopsis of "How to Identify True Religion" Three succinct points here also. The tract ends with a nice advertizement for the latest brochure "Keep on the Watch". One can also request a indoctrination session Bible study with the witnesses.

If you look around on this forum, you will discover that we all have 'study copies' of the new tract already - advance issues of a sort - thanx to the miracle of Internet digital transfer protocol [scanned copies online]. I already gave a copy to my witness cousin when he visited last week.

As for the foolish denial of 1975, et al, a little late for those of us who lived thru it and personally witnessed the lies.

Jeff

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Juni, I remember the Special Cam-PAIN about this maybe being our final march around the walls, like the Israelites blowing their trumpets at Jericho. Everyone at the Service Meeting gasped when they said, "Brothers...who knows what this may signify! Could this be our final blowing of the trumpets?" or similar blablabla. It had to be in the late 70's, because I was still in high school. I rolled my eyes, but it did kind of send a chill through me. It was one of those moments when you wonder if they're right, this time!

Guess they weren't!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    the 70's a small group of witnesses thought the end would come in 1975. However, the WTS and a large group of true witnesses did NOT preach that or even think that. It was just a small group of morons calling themselves witnesses that did. when the end did not come like they thought it should, they left the religion, None of Jehovahs Witness Literature ever said anything about 1975 being the end.

You are so far off its really borderline of a response. You've got to be a young Witness, or a new Witness who really has no clue. Better yet what will you do when shown literature that states the oppisite of what you purpose?

Shaking head.........sad!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

inthetruthcult:

But, Everyday we wake up is a day closer.

Yes, every day we are a day closer to retirement. I hope you're saving up for it. Get a clue. The watchtower will not feed you or clothe your elderly ass when armageddon doesn't come in your lifetime.

W

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Since 1914 we believe we have been living in the "end times" so of course tracts and brochures and literature says IT IS Coming. When? who knows the bible says no one knows the day or the hour.

This may be your take on it, but it is far from the official WTS position, which for years was that "God's organization" had special insight and exclusive info on the specific time frame and, for at least nine years beginning in 1966, the month and the year (Sept/Oct 1975). Anyone who disputes that is either blind, has never read any of their own organization's literature, or just became a dub in the last decade or so and after the Great Disappointment of '75 was successfully scrubbed from the collective mind set. I know this because I used to teach it from the platform, and I was much more convincing than you are now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit