Should you try and call an old dub friend? What if you did?

by gumby 41 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Ok, sunnygal inspired this one.

Today I wondered what would happen if I called an old dub friend. He's an elder. I met him in Jr. High as he was in my metalshop class and I mentioned I was a witness. He said he was too! Anyway, he performed the marriage of my daughter many years later to make a long story short......we were close.

I wondered if I called him...what he would say. I thought of just letting him know I think of him alot (not in a gay way either ) and the good times we had. We spent our young dub years together and he aided me back to the hall as my dad prevented us from going for many years....( actually I snuck to the hall and his mom gave me rides)

Well, I wonder if he'd talk a bit? I think he would. I also think a couple other buddies might if I called. I'm thinking of giving it a go. I might get let down. I might get a " I just wish you'd come back to Jehovah/organisation" speech. I doubt they would hang up....I know they wouldn't.

Thoughts...experiences

Gumby....who knows this has been covered prolly like 50 times at least

• oldflame
    oldflame

I don't have a thing to say to any old dub friends I had, I could'nt careless myself....................

• mouthy
    mouthy

I doubt they would hang up....I know they wouldn't.

O.K Gumby my love !!!try it. I bet you $50.00 they hang up on you. Or say " If your not coming back to the truth,I cant speak to you "

Poor Gumby is getting lonely((((((BIG CUDDLE)

• gumby
    gumby
    I don't have a thing to say to any old dub friends I had, I could'nt careless myself....................

You mean to tell me you actually had friends? Gumsmartelic

• Purza
    Purza

I have emailed three old dub friends in the past six months. I got three positive responses and I am meeting with one in August. Of course, I am not df'd (just inactive). But it is worth a shot. JMHO

I might get a " I just wish you'd come back to Jehovah/organisation" speech.

And yes, this did happen to me with the third email. I thanked her for her concern and changed the subject. She is the one I am meeting with -- we shall see if she brings it up again. Purza

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Gumsmartelic

Boy you sure got that one right ! LOL

• LDH
    LDH

My father told me an old JW 'friend' wanted me to know that my 20th high school reunion is coming up this summer, and whether I was going.

I asked him, what the hell do I have to 're-un?' I didn't do anything in high school. It was pretty funny.

I don't even care enough to call her.

Lisa

• parakeet
    parakeet

What would be the point, other than to see whether or not they hang up on you? If they haven't kept in touch, they don't care about what's happened to you. Don't give them the satisfaction of feeling they've done a good and noble thing by snubbing you.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I never had real friends that are still witnesses...

I got all my real friends out!

mark~ of the 6 out, none to go class

Well maybe just 1 more "for the road!"

• Bookey
    Bookey

What if you find out that he is on the fence? You may be the inspiration to free him from the bondage of the modern day Pharisees.

Then again, if that's not the case, try the gay way you were talking about. Maybe you'll get something out of it at least!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit