Behind the Scenes: An Elders Point of View

by WTLies 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

When the pressure of truth surrounding the 607 date business, and 1914, causes enough of a wave of embarrasment for the wtbts, there'll be an unhighlighted introduction of 'new light' about 1914 not be a literal or exact time, but rather an ethereal or symbolic time.

And the congregation will go, "hmmmmmm, yessss - praise the truth" - sending a shiver down the spine of onlookers, and other 'thinking ones'. I think I see a PATTERN!!!! Anyone else?? That is just unbelievable!!! Sincerely, Lady Liberty

• Alfred
    Alfred

I often assisted the assembly accountant and on more than a few occasions I found myself on my knees counting money on the floor (because there was so much of it that the desk tops simply did not have enough room)... before I could finish counting even half of it, I'd sometimes hear the usual "deficit" announcement over the loud speaker... I always knew it was BS but I also knew I needed to keep my thoughts to myself (unless they were positive)...

How often did you hear the "deficit" announcement at you assembly and thought: "that's impossible"?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, that was always something that baffled me and my wife. Even as an elder, I was confused as to what the heck was going on at that meeting, especially why the CO had to leave the room. The best was when they would announce a deficit of $7000 followed by an announcement of a $7000 donation to the Society. That actually got lowered to $250 or so.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

They announce a "deficit" because it encourages/guilts the R&F to contribute.

But it's dishonest in that they calculate "Expenses" before the have included contributions. It's like adding up your monthly bills without include your income for the month. Obviously you'll be "short".

• MeanMrMustard
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

*sigh*.. last post another cat post... damn things are always in my face... sorry everyone.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I think I wrote something about this in one of my first posts here. The old adage "Numbers don't lie, but liars figure" could be applied when the

Circuit is told of the dire straights and deficit they are currently in (D.O. C.O., Elder Made Crisis by poor stewardship of money). Billing a exhorbitant rate for the use of a facility, is not bad if it is applied to the

Assembly Halls debt, instead of being sent to "Wonderland's World Wide Work". The frustration of frugal servants, is put to the test, when kiss-ass elders

want to deplete all the Circuits funds, by inviting a Bethelite speaker and wife, and send all excess to the Society's WWW, because having funds in the

Kingdom Halls Accounts is not showing faith in God. The Pslamist did not mean "money could be a defense", he meant "Money should be spent as fast

as possible, it shows more faith in God!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit