Odd Announcement at District Convention

by daniel-p 30 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I remember in the creation book they said the watery canopy was there to reduce the rate of aging because it filtered out the deadly ultra violet and infrared rays. They also stated that the force from the canopy landing mainly in one section of the earth is what tilted the earth so that we now have seasons . Actually I thought it was an interesting theory but once again cannot be proven outside the bible .I don't think the canopy would have caused global warming but I'm no expert.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I remember in the creation book they said the watery canopy was there to reduce the rate of aging because it filtered out the deadly ultra violet and infrared rays

Ditto they said that it filtered out and absorbed 'cosmic rays' these are the distinguished Watchtower physicist who said at the 1973 convention that Jehovah would use 'holy anti-matter' to dispose of all the bodies post armageddon.Sounds like Freddy F. mind-storming.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Both the Aid book and Insight book say that the statement "God had not made it rain" refers to the time PRIOR to the creation of vegetation.

(Needless to say this contradicts the statement that there was no vegetation on the earth because God had not yet made a man to till the soil.)

Since the nitrogen cycle requires thunderstorms and these require nimbus clouds (which produce both rain and hail) water must have evaporated to produce the ions required for the lightning and susequent washing of nitrogen out of the atmosphere into the soil.

Also the salinity of ancient oceans produced the rock salt we mine today. Mist would not wash enough salt into the oceans in the WTBTS claim that the world as we know it formed in only 49 000 years. (Some of those who challenged this in 1958 are still DF apostates)

Of course the WT has backtracked on some of this, but why would a loving God sentence you to death if you pointed out that something being said cannot possibly be true - and proved it??

HB

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So the hebrews believed they lived in a Reverse Snow Globe?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Maybe all the talk about global warming has made them realise that a water canopy would have cooked everyone.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, a reverse sno-globe would about explain all they could see, Elsewhere.

There are a few creationists floating around who still advocate the vapor theory.

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ3.html

• VM44
    VM44

Here is a graphic that I always liked for some reason. --VM44

• mavie
    mavie

bttt

So far, it looks like this was only announced at Dan-p's convention. I will be going later this summer, we will see if it's announced there.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

This announcement... may have been made by a fella 'on his way out'? so to speak?

Perhaps he was 'summoned' to the inner chambers afterward - where he was 'talked to', never to be seen (on stage) again.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Terry
    Terry
    I got it from a Bible commentary I have in my library. This was the Hebrew perception of the earth when they wrote the Bible. IF the Witnesses believe their Bible, this is their belief of the nature and structure of the earth. By the way, the earth is FLAT.

I remember having a discussion with a silly JW once who said the Hebrews knew the world wasn't flat because of the scripture "he is dwelling above the circle of the earth."
    I pulled a quarter out of my pocket and said, "Is this round? Is this also flat?" He shut up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit