English Soccer. Will England win the world cup?

by MARTINLEYSHON 19 Replies latest jw friends

• evergreen
    evergreen

"Obvious jealousy from your Irish friend me thinks - they are not even participating are they?"

Hey south african beef, have to say i found the comment about the white flag and the red cross quite funny. Yeah i guess we Irish havent made the world cup this time unfortunately. But hey, we beat England to win the triple Crown at Rugby. So that will do us for a bit.

But what i would say being totally serious is that if England want to do well in the world cup, they are going to have to step up a gear big time. I mean did you see that goal by Brazil last night , it came out of nowhere. Some of the teams are really tidy and just flow with the ball.

I would put my money on Brazil or Argentina to win.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

BWAAA ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa. Ah thanks *wipes tear*

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

They may win it, they have the potential to do so. What annoys me is how everyone bigs up Brazil prior to every tournament, ok they scored a good goal but in my opinion they looked average as a whole. Its always the way that teams who are solid defensively are never given enough credit compared to those teams that can score a spectacular goal or two. I think England have a good balance and so should do well. My bet though would be Germany.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

No, they will follow their tradition of being knocked out by either Argentina or Germany (probably with a controversial goal) and then go home and watch Dambusters to make themselves feel better.

~ Derek of the "not bitter because Ireland didn't qualify" class

• ballistic
    ballistic

What's with the obsession with Germany?

Do you not remember this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany_1_England_5_(2001)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Do you not remember this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany_1_England_5_(2001)

Of course we do. You'll probably be harping on about that for 40 years too!

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Of course we do. You'll probably be harping on about that for 40 years too!

oH PLEASE NO!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey Funky D, are you going to be at Mikes BBQ this year? We're camping the night before at Cheddar as well.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Hey Funky D, are you going to be at Mikes BBQ this year? We're camping the night before at Cheddar as well.

Wouldn't miss it! Not sure where we're staying yet, but you know me, I can sleep almost anywhere!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm staying at "Albany", Clevedon Road, it's quite nice. Come camping as well if you like!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit