Intolerance - a new breed of ex-JW

by LittleToe 260 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry
    Love and Hate are real. So real that people die all the time from one or the other.

The actions are what make love and hate real. It is the reality of dying you are confusing with the unreality of loving or hating.

It is a distinction worth observing.

Until and unless we act upon our values and emotions they are merely subjective ideas inacessible to reality.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So a paraplegic is unable to experience love?

• Terry
    Terry
    Your pedanticism is only a distraction from the real issues in this debate.

At which point did the discussion become a debate?

When the definitions aren't shared by all participants.

You started the thread.

Own it.

Give us the definitions of the real issues.

• Terry
    Terry

Subjectively or objectively?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Terry: The actions are what make love and hate real...It is a distinction worth observing.

I agree, it is worth observing. And worth contemplating whether it only exists in your mind or whether that is the understanding of the world in general. Once it can be discerned that it exists in your mind, I can promptly toss it in the rubbish bin of ideas I won't adopt but will happily permit others to feel more superior as a result of possessing.

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Whoa, there, Terry! You are coming dangerously close to admitting the possibility of subjective actuality...run away! Run away!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I own only the ground beneath both feet. As threads twist and turn they are owned by concensus of the participants.

Last time I looked the thread was still about intolerance (to which end I'd suggest that while there's been plenty of robust debate, there's been little intolerance shown). Were I to adopt a similar stance over use of "emphasis" I'd be taking you to task over your garish use of red and highlighter, but it's a non-issue, really.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Do you mean that, while it may be an actual reality, there are two different ways of philosophically viewing it? Sounds similar to something that some other folk have been suggesting all along...

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Last time I looked the thread was still about intolerance"

I am perfectly willing to tolerate LT's and Auldsoul's intolerance towards intolerance, provided they 1) find this tolerable, and 2) do so in a completely intolerant manner.

Now, where did I stash that mickey of bourbon?

• Robdar
    Robdar

LT is passive aggressive? Ahahahahahahahaha. I've had my head handed to me enough times by Ross to know that he is not passive aggressive.

Your pedanticism is only a distraction from the real issues in this debate.

Spot on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit