What movie makes you cry?

by MsMcDucket 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• Swan
    Swan

Mostly movies that deal with separation or loneliness (often through death, but the death doesn't bother me as much as the separation it causes). My guess is they remind me of the separation and loneliness I have felt all my life, exacerbated by my family shunning me.

Silent Running

Ghost

My Girl

Titanic

Home Alone

Philadelphia

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

The English Patient, Out of Africa, Titanic, Powder, Legends of the Fall, Dances With Wolves, Beaches, Ghost...oh I could go on and on. If anyone dies in a movie, unless it's an evil, wicked bad guy...I cry. I suffer from unusually leaky tear ducts.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Believe it or not, "Boiler Room", because some family guy gets talked into investing his house "down payment" money into an investment scam. I felt sorry for his wife.

People like those scammers tried to pull that kind of crap on me in the late 1990's, but it didn't work, because I was already in the market.

I would keep them on the phone for as long as I could, so they couldn't call the next guy with their lies. I hate those people.

Warlock

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

gone with the wind

how to lose a guy in 10 days

10 things i hate about you

• wednesday
    wednesday

"The Earthling" story about older man who was going to die, (has cancer) was trying to make his way back to a spot special to him , he meets up with a 9-10 yr old boy who parents car have just gone over a cliff , killing the entire family, except the boy who had gotten out of the car for a moment. The boy follows the man mainly b/c he is so traumatized and has no other help. but learns to stay alive and in the end buries the man and makes his way back toward home, in this case, some place wher he coud find help. It is truly inspiring, and can't recall who is is singing, but they sing "Half way home": I believe. I cry like a baby every time I see it. The setting is beautiful, a /forest time area, wth lots of streams, moutains, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit