What movie makes you cry?

by MsMcDucket 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• oldflame
    oldflame

Old Yeller ! I know just how that boy felt as I was once in his shoes.. I think it was one of the hardest things to ever have to do..

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Old Yeller ! I know just how that boy felt as I was once in his shoes..

I read the book "Old Yeller" and "Bristleface". I loved those books. Yes, they are tear-jerkers!

• calico
    calico

"My Dog Skip" What's worse is that I was at the theater!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

In "Artificial Intelligence", there is a scene where a robot boy is captured in a net suspended from a balloon. His robotic teddy bear is trying to stay with him, but is hanging on the OUTSIDE of the net. You can see the bears paws are slipping, and he looks over his shoulder at the ground far below, looks back into the boys eyes and says "I'll break".....then falls. My heart just stopped. The end of the movie, when the boy, the bear, and his "mother" are reunited was just wonderful.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Remember "Brian's Song" (the original with James Caan and Billy Dee Williams) - that was the first movie to make me cry. I was so young, I cried for 2 hours. Mom wouldn't let me watch it after that.

"Born Free" - I cried during that slurpy song.

"The Sound of Music" - I still cry when they're going across the mountain at the end.

"Witness" - the scene at the end of the movie with Harrison Ford and Lukas Haas is so sweet.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

"Cast Away" is my favorite Tom Hanks movie. Cried when he was talking about being on that island at the hotel after his party.

"Forrest Gump" - Jenny shouldn't have died. She could have helped him on the shrimping boats.

"Philadelphia" - great movie...do we see a pattern here?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Awakenings", with Robin Williams.

• sandy
    sandy

"Steel Magnolias
    Oh! Oh! Oh! Yes! I tell you when Sally Field goes beserk at the graveyard that just kills me! "Why! Why! Why!" Oh lord! That is so painful to watch!"

Me too, that part gets me every single time.
    It's also a very funny movie too! I just love that movie! I watch it everytime I catch it on T.V.

• trevor
    trevor

I'll admit to a moist eye when I watch - Ordinary People with Donald Sutherland/Mary Tyler Moore

• Mulan
    Mulan

I usually don't see movies that would make me cry. I hate sad, sad movies and my adult kids see more movies than I do and warn me beforehand. But some are all right and make me "happy cry". Some have such a great ending that I cry with emotion for the happiness.

I agree about Steel Magnolias. Really good movie and I got choked up too.

Another was Dragonfly when Kevin Costner went to the jungle and found his wife had had the baby before she died, and there it was with the natives. That was neat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit