What movie makes you cry?

by MsMcDucket 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I watched The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio last night and I liked it so much I'm going to watch it again tonight! It didn't make me cry, just watery-eyed and a little verklemft. Juliana Moore is absolutely superb in this film.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    "Awakenings", with Robin Williams.

Ditto. After I saw it the first time, I went out and found all the books by Oliver Sachs (the doctor Robin Williams' character is based on). Fascinating reading about neurological disorders, especially "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat". Seriously - he did.

My all-time favorite tearjerker: "Moulin Rouge"

Most recently: "Brokeback Mountain"

• KrazyKate
    KrazyKate

I am Sam.

Patch Adams. That movie was more than crying it was sobbing.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Only two movies have ever made me cry:

• Gallipoli - WW1 movie about a couple of footracers from Australia being sucked into WW1. One of Mel Gibson's first films. The ending is completely desolate and totally without any kind of hope. Watched it in school in 8th grade--haven't been able to bring myself to watch it since.
    • It's A Wonderful Life--have seen this movie 100 times, but the last time I saw it I cried at the end. WTF? I still don't understand why this happened. Time to see a shrink I guess.
  • parakeet
    parakeet

I wept at the end of "Waterworld," because I wasted 2 hours of my precious time watching that crap. My eyes are tearing up even as I type.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Yeah, A time to kill was great. Especially at the end of those closing arguments. But One other film that got me was A color purple when Celie was able to see her children after all those years.That's the only one that came to mind right now.

Damn....

jojochan.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Only two do it for me well sometimes 3 depends on my mood

A wonderful life, a top drawer movie in my book

6th sense, when they are in the car and he says, all the time, what did you ask mommy?? the wee shit gets me every time

And sometimes Gerry MaGuire, when she says you had me at hello

BM

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I cannot watch movies that are based on a true story, I cry like a baby. War movies get to me real bad, even watching the movie Lord of War. I cried. Anything that shows how cruel humanity can be makes me depressed for days.

And then the other day, I watched The Englishman that Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain, and I was crying. Though, I was drinking and I think that might of had something to do with it.

Loruhamah

• Nowman
    Nowman

Empire of the Sun, not to be mistaken for the The Last Emperor. Movie make me ball.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Old Yeller

Where the Red Fern Grows

Steel Magnolias

Dances With Wolves

United 93

Many others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit