"Theocratic Warfare" - An Apostate Strategy?

by slimboyfat 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

My mother, knowing how near the edge of leaving I was, promised to do research on the Isaiah's Prophecy book where it mentioned that the 70 years applied to the period of Babylon's dominion. During that month before I DA'd, I asked her repeatedly and she always claimed she didn't have time. But she conducted studies with other people, who I can only assume she cared more about than she did me.

She kept promising to research it, but I will lay 100 to 1 odds she still hasn't researched it.

AuldSoul

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

slim

It's real plain to see, the org. doesn't think you deserve to know the truth.

D Dog

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I recall the topic coming up quite often among pioneers, Bethelites, MSes and Elders. It was always held as an esoteric teaching which the general publishers likely had not 'comprehended' but we the elite would have to understand clearly. It most certainly was in the Aid book and I believe the Insight volumes as well.

I remember one occassion where the entire New York City became aware of it. When the WTS wanted to build the 90 Sands but because they needed some appoval/variance from the Brooklyn Heights planning commission they had to conceal/downplay their ultimate agenda and doctrinal stance regarding the public. One clever Daily News reporter slipped into a tour group and as it passed from dept. to dept. she asked the Bethelites their opinion of the neighbors! I recall a certain barber in training went on at length about Theocratic Warfare and how the WTS had no need to be forthright with them as they were dying anyday anyway. Man did the WTS get a lampooning that week. The next day of course all the Bethelites were told that they were not to have interchange with the tours and that if someone asked a question they were to shut up and go back to work. With a smile of course.

• cathyk
    cathyk

Peacefulpete,

You wouldn't happen to remember about what year that article was published?

Everyone Else,

Does anyone have a link to it or a copy of it?

Cathy Koenig

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Who here had ever heard of this so-called 'doctrine' of "Theocratic Warfare" when you were a Jehovah's Witness?

I definitely heard of it many times when I was a jw. It was a frequently mentioned teaching, in fact, and something I was instructed to utilize in my daily life. Lie to doctors and teachers about the seriousness of my bleeding episodes to avoid medical care, lie to my dad regarding my whereabouts so he wouldn't know I was doing dub activities, etc., etc.

There is no "pretending" or "exaggerating" going on here. What is happening is you refusing to believe something just because you didn't personally experience it. Do you apply that logic to everything else in your life? For example, do you not believe in AIDS just because you don't have it? So why apply that logic to this situation?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It was in 1988-89. I believe it was 89 but I'm not sure anymore. It was a big article, perhaps even an insert. It had a picture of the WT buildings taken through a broken dirty window pane.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

SlimBoyFat:

THE PROOF that this "strategy" is alive and well in the minds of at least the older JWs, is that JWs and ex-JWs all over the world knows this expression, even in their own languages! In my language, it is called "teokratisk krigføring" (theocratic warfare). And when there is an equivalent expression (to the english) in the vocabulary of JWs around the world (in non-english countries), then that proves that the phrase was once in the WatchTower-litterature! I knew very well this phrase, as my mother often mentioned it/spoke about it. She became a JW in the early 70s (around -70, I think), and I was born in 1973. I heard her use that phrase many times, as I grew up, so the doctrine must have been very much alive in 1970. And the thing is, that even if this phrase (and its meaning) isn`t mentioned often in the newest JW-litterature, we both know that when the WTS says something/drills something into the heads of the JWs, it sticks there, untill it is explisitly taken back. Whenever the WTS says something, it is like when you throw a rock into a lake, the water starts moving in small vawes, and they continue to move for a long time. In the JW-world, an "old doctrine" can stay alive for decades, even when it`s not explicitly mentioned. But I think you`re on to something though, this doctrine may be on the way out, as it is not mentioned much anymore. The 15 - 16 - yearold JW-kids of today, will probably, in a couple of decades, deny that there ever was such a doctrine, and reject it is an "apostate lie". But I, for one, know it wasn`t a lie. I was there!

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well I think that SFB is a spy, That is my opinion, as he decided from commenting his defense. I hope that he gets a life...

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Is this the kind of "apostate sense" you were looking for FBS?

Today God’s servants are engaged in a warfare, a spiritual, theocratic warfare, a warfare ordered by God against wicked spirit forces and against false teachings. God’s servants are sent forth as sheep among wolves and therefore need to exercise the extreme caution of serpents so as to protect properly the interests of God’s kingdom committed to them. At all times they must be very careful not to divulge any information to the enemy that he could use to hamper the preaching work.

steve

• cathyk
    cathyk

Thanks, Pete. It turns out that I have the magazine in question. It was in the July 31, 1988 issue of the [NY] Daily News Magazine.

Cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit