"Theocratic Warfare" - An Apostate Strategy?

by slimboyfat 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Okay, can you point to any recent publication where this 'doctrine' is discussed.

Why are you interested in only "recent" publications? I don't have any, as I now have better things to do with my life than waste time in those vomitous kingdom halls. But I distinctly recall a Watchtower, I believe from the 1990's, that stated that a JW "did not need to tell the truth to someone who was not entitled to it."

Be a good JW, and research the publications yourself.

W

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Why are you interested in only "recent" publications?

Simple. The claim was made that only someone who wasn't "paying attention at the meetings" could have missed the doctrine. If that is so there should be mention of it somewhere in recent literature - not some obscure quotes from the 1950s, ripped out of context and given a broad application that was never intended.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As a jw, theocratic warefare was in the back of my mind. You can find a good example of it's use and practice in the wt kit for jws fighting child custody cases, lying is promoted in it. Obviously, slimboyfat is practicing it at the present moment. He vaporises his own arguement w his own arguement. Or, perhaps he is truly ignorant.

S

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Mealy-mouth JW elder lying in court! (NEW 2/27/06) video clip from court [I've listed some of the lies I was able to identify in the video: He states family members expelled from JW congregations are not treated differently by the family. He states JWs do not disdain disfellowshipped members or consider them all wicked and demonic. He states JWs are allowed to speak to disfellowshipped members. He states JWs do not use the word "shun" to describe DF/DA. He states the WT did not publish a child custody brochure. He states JWs say hello to disfellowshipped members they encounter.]

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am not an active JW.

I don't believe in JWism.

I am agnotic in matters of faith.

I just believe that apostates should fairer, more honest and even handed in their criticisms of Jehovah's WItnesses. This making up stuff about "Theocratic Warfare" and satanic images, and UN nonsense and the whole lot simply will not do.

We don't have to believe as JWs do, but let's be fair now.

Slim

• DannyHaszard
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

Edited by unclebruce to remove double posting

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

the JW as the articulated manipulator my own observations X 49 years

SBF your a JW WT apologist from the get-go who do you think your fooling?

• carla
    carla

Here's the quotes from various wt's and other literature about lying--

http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/lie.htm

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Here ya go Slimboy fat: (please note the reference to gestapo free East Germany) Considering themselves to occupy the moral high ground, many Jehovah's Witnesses™ are blissfully unaware that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society™ encourages™ them to lie. Many would run screaming “apostate lies!™” at the thought. Yet, according to the Society's own literature™, to lie and deceive in the interests of Jehovah's Earthly Organization ™ is scripturally approved™. In fact lieing was long ago included in their "theocratic war strategy ™ ".

Consider the following quotation: "A Witness™ of Jehovah™ was going from house to house™ in Eastern Germany when she met a violent opposer ™ . Knowing at once what to expect, she changed her red blouse for a green one in the very next hallway. No sooner had she appeared on the street than a Communist officer asked her if she had seen a woman with a red blouse. No, she replied, and went on her way.” Did she tell a lie? No, she did not. She was not a liar. Rather, she was using theocratic war strategy ™ , hiding the truth™ by action and word for the sake of ministry.™" The Watchtower 1957 May 1 p. 285. ™ The sister™ in red lied to keep out of trouble and it was a human reaction. The WBTS™ which claims to be "God’s organization ™ " lauded her for 'acting in a manner becomming of a christian™.'

How this jells with the requirement to maintain a Christlike personality™ is enough to give a man cognative disonance. Did Jesus congratulate Peter for his lie in denying that he was a follower? Did he urge his other disciples to emulate Peter in order to protect their faith? Jesus gave Peter such a look that Peter went out and wept bitterly Luke 22:61-62. ™ But in the above incident there is no evidence of remorse™ on the part of the sister ™ for behaving the way she did. And the Society™ used her lie as an example of for all JW's to emulate.

Related Quotes:

"Jehovah’s Witnesses ™ are an organization of truth ™ . We should want to speak the truth and be absolutely accurate ™ at all times ™ ." Qualified to be Ministers (1955) ™ 04

JW's ™ are not: "under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." Insight on the Scriptures Volume II p. 245. ™

"for the purpose of protecting the interests of God's cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God’s enemiesThis comes under the term ‘war strategy ™ ’." Watchtower 1960 June 1 p. 352 ™

The Society ™ automatically classes ™ all who question its teachings as "God’s enemies ™ " and all those 'outside the Society' ™ as being under the 'influence of the Devil' ™ Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand! 1988 pp. 271. ™

So the Society's reasoning™ provides JW's ™ with carte blanche to lie to most of the rest of the world ™ ! Lies™, deception™, blashemy™, scandal™ the society™ will stop at nothing to protect its interests and encourages™ the lowliest publisher™ to 'follow its fine example.™'

unclebruce ™ === Yes VM44, again the society™ plays it both ways to distance themselves from monetary loss.

The watchtower™ booklet Preparing for Child Custody Cases™ emphasises™ that the JW lifestyle™ is beneficial™ to the child. Near the begining it says "there is no need to hide or distort your religious beliefs". However, the actual tactics suggested in PCCC™ are contrary. The children and their JW parent are encouraged™ to deceive the court by telling lies and presenting a fake lifestyle, fake ambitions and fake goals. The Society™ here actually encourages™ perjury:

The Court is fed: "Many try to portray the beliefs and practices of JWs™ as dogmatic and restrictive… emphasise™ the fact that you have formed your beliefs and adopted your practices after much study™ and reflection™; your religion is not simply a matter of rules imposed by the elders™. You want to emphasize™ the fact that you are a thinking…individual™. PCCC p. 3.™

JW's are fed: "Avoid Independent Thinking™ ... questioning the counsel™ provided™ by God’s visible organization™." WT 1983 January 15 p. 22.™

The Court is fed: "Be careful™ they [the children] don't get the impression that they are in a demonstration™ at the circuit assembly™, when they would show that the first things in life™ are servic™e and going to the Kingdom Hall™… Be careful they don’t all say that they are going to be pioneers.™" PCCC p. 43.™

The Court is fed: "Plans can be trade, getting married and having children, journalism, and all kinds of other things." PCCC p. 42™

JW's are fed:"Should they marry now? No, is the answer supported by the Scriptures™. There is no reasonable™ injunction to bring children into the world™ before Armageddon™ where we are now." WT 1938 November 1 pp. 323-324.™

JW's are fed: "Many schools now have student counselors who encourage™ one to pursue™ higher education after highschool, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things™. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them ‘brainwash’ you with the Devil’s propaganda™ to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world™. This world has very little time left! ... Make pioneer service™, the full-time ministry™, with the possibility of Bethel™ or missionary service™ your goal.™" WT 1969 March 15 p. 171.™

The Court is fed: "In the past many have feared or distrusted mental care professionals (Psychologists and psychiatrists). There is no basis or need for such preconceived fear or distrust." PCCC p. 53.™

JW's are fed:"…as a rule, for a Christian™ to go to a worldly™ psychiatrist is an admission of defeat. It amounts to ‘going down to Egypt for help.’ - Isaiah 31:1… Also, more and more psychiatrists are resorting to hypnosis which is a demonic™ form of worldly wisdom.™" Awake! 1960 March 8 p. 27.™

The Court is fed:"Show that you are a loving and caring parent who wants the best medical care possible for your child… You do not want to give the impression that your religion requires you to allow your child to die should a medical emergency arise." PCCC pp. 5, 55.™

JW's are fed: "If she died [because of refusal to allow blood transfusion]™ she would have a chance for the new earth™. Stated bluntly, better to die now maintaining integrity.™" Awake! 1951 May 22 p. 5.™

and so on ad in finitum..

The Society encourages™ JWs to lie and deceive. It's ironic that the Society has also repeatedly lied to and deceived them as well. The Watchtower Bible and Trap Society™ has practiced "theocratic war strategy™" on the JWs themselves. Link: Theocratic Warfare ~ Lies Were Always Part of the Plan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit