What is the power the Internet has against the WTS, and how best to use it?

by jwfacts 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It has been discussed that the internet is bringing the WTS to its knees far quicker than ever hoped for several reasons:

• Rapid access to research of old publications through databases
    • Anonymous nature of finding information
    • Ease of which a person can stumble accross information

Another powerful reason is Interactivity with other people. The ability to rapidly see many ideas on a board like this, ask questions and get answers allows Personalisation to the individual needs of every truthseeker. There are many varied issues, and not all are equally important to each person. However the internet gives the ability to match the important issues and similiar minded people together.

15 years ago I flicked through some apostate books in the library. It made no lasting impression as I told myself the standard thought blocking excuses and moved on. The book had no ability to taylor its information to my requirements, or reply to my responses. The internet does. A person can read something, ask a question or give a refute and instantly have various points of view supplied.

What is the best way to make use of this power? Should there be more websites or less? Do discussion boards work best, or static sites? Should we combine our efforts to create a supersite that contains a search engine to every Watchtower publication, doctrinal retorts, interactive topics, books and so forth? How do we get people to these sites most effectively?

Any ideas.

• penny2
    penny2
    the internet is bringing the WTS to its knees far quicker than ever hoped

Hi jwfacts

I question whether this is really the case. Many witnesses I know have a computer and spend lots of time on the internet but I doubt they've ever had the courage to look at an anti-jw site. It took me ages to start looking up information even though I hadn't been to meetings for a couple of years. I constantly get info from my relatives about the local congregations and not too many baptized witnesses are leaving. Sure lots are miserable, field service has slackened off and young ones are not enthusiastic like they used to be. But the brainwashing seems to be as powerful as ever.

Where the internet does help very successfully - once you get the courage to research you can be empowered to make the break more quickly. Being able to communicate with others in the same boat eases the transition. There is also ready access to doctrinal matters so longheld views can be analysed.

I like this forum, freeminds and the quotes sites. But others respond to a different approach so I guess there is room for many websites.

penny2

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have already shown that the Internet is actually a blessing for the Watchtower Society, and is in fact causing apostates more problems than they realise at present.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/100638/1.ashx
    Slim

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Slimboyfat, I see that you are pro-witness and most of the times you are negative to many subjects discussed on this board. Are you still an active JW, if so you won't get many people back into the borg with these kind of answers.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am not pro-Witness. I don't believe the Witnesses have the truth, but I do think apostates ought to be fair to Witnesses.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I have already shown that the Internet is actually a blessing for the Watchtower Sociecty

If that is so, why do they keep warning the r &f not to access the internet? Just a thought.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

SlimBoyFat
    I just read your earlier 2004 post and find this puzzler at the bottom of it:
    25-Oct-05 11:34 by slimboyfat: Correct formatting
    25-Oct-05 11:40 by Lady Lee: Correct formatting
    25-Oct-05 11:42 by slimboyfat: Correct formatting
    25-Oct-05 11:46 by slimboyfat: Correct formatting

My question to you is, why was Lady Lee somehow involved in the formatting of that original message? Does she live in the same household by chance? Is it possible that you are also Lady Lee? Was Lady Lee a moderator at that time, assisting you?

Fats

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

And we were trying to keep our steamy romance a secret!

• jgnat
    jgnat

You showed nothing of the sort, slim. jwfacts, based on slim's reaction, I am betting the WTBTS is terrified that internet forces will organize. I don't think it is necessary, though. I believe the helps and resources needed on the internet to expose the WTS's secrets will develop organically, as young computer-savvy ex-JW's take over information control. Hordes of young whippersnappers like Elsewhere and Jourles is their future.

It might be fun for a group of JWD veterans to take a survey of existing ex-JW resources on the net, and assist with grammar, formatting, and professionalism at some of these sites.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS is always keenly afraid of information that can undermine its status and projected image and therefore it has to be afraid of the internet, on this forum many members said that the internet helped them greatly to see the truth about the JWs.

The more sites there are and the more organised they are the better and anyone capable should put up an anti WTS website. Strangely the R&F JWs have a weak presence on the net because the GB told them not to get involved in the on line conflict. They know that they can easily find out the real truth and leave the org after debating with "apostates".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit