What is the power the Internet has against the WTS, and how best to use it?

by jwfacts 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

fatfreek

First, LadyLee, thanks for setting me straight. I assure you that there were no ulterior motive in my questions. Second, I've been enjoying your life chapters (another thread) very much. That certainly takes a bunch of courage on your part.

No offense taken but we have many lurkers. I just wanted to set the record straight

And thanks

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Drew, On my site I have tried to use the most current quotes that I can find. However, as you mention, the WTS now tries to be as politically correct as possible, so it is hard to find very much that is blatantly offensive or wrong. The WTS is aware everything they write is being scrutinised and so are very non committal of recent times.

Look at earthquakes, and they no longer present wrong statistics, they use vague reference to how earthquakes cause great suffering in the Last days.

Rather than misquote, they now use more selective quoting, even if from unreliable sources.

References to everyone being killed but JWs is very padded with vague wording that means as much, but are hard to quote categorically as saying so.

In actuality, this is in fact a sign that what we are doing is working. The Watchtower can no longer be dramatic in presenting misinformation to mislead people, and so their conversion rates are declining rapidly; from 1 extra publisher every 5,000 hours to now only 1:15,000 hours

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very interesting comment Rabbit. You found other sites, but eventually found JWD to be of most help. I sometimes worry that JWD may be too much for a current JW, but it seems that once a person is searching for answers then they are probably ready for JWD.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Jwfacts,

Sometimes, this site is just so BIG and fast moving it's hard to keep up with, but, I'm not sure what could be changed. The very fact that so many read and comment here, practically ensures that almost every possible combination of JW issues will come around at some time.

In my case my JW wife divorced me with no scriptural grounds, according to the Elders and CO. I endured 5 years of separation and endless gossip and inuendo while the Elders set back and did almost nothing, but, 'take away her priviledges.' Wow. They don't get to do just a whole lot anyway.

My family may be permanently ruined, because I tried to "wait on Jah" and the Elders. All of my JW family was shunning me 'unofficially' when I decided after 7 years alone -- to remarry. First, I was not "free to remarry", 2nd, I was going to get "Unevenly yoked to an unbeliever," ya' know...an "evil, worldly & unclean thing", so, they all thought I would surely get DF'd for adultry -- like the elders said would happen.

My point is: How many situations like that could possibly exist, even among JW's ? I thought I was the only one in the world. Sadly, I wasn't, there were a few others whose situation had been as bad or worse. I can't tell you how important it was to find others that were 'in the same boat.' It was a help to me to see how others handled this and how they fared.

By that time in my life I knew 'something' was badly wrong with this religion. Reading so many thousands of personal experiences just helped me verify and solidify my own observations. I never knew 3/4 of what I know now...about the Witnesses and their history -- until I was out and on this site.

This is a good thread..thank you.

FatFreek, I hope you get to come and meet everyone. See ya' there !

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit