The New "Invite" - How Stupid Can They Be?

by metatron 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I think they shot themselves in the foot with the artwork! It is just so fake looking, I doubt if the general public can relate to it. Look at the couples: A black family, and a white couple. How many today are mixed race? Is there a point being made, or is the picture so old, mixed marriages weren't common when it was done? And the sweater on the black man, very old fashioned, as are the 50's style dresses/skirts on the women. I really don't think anyone under 105 will find this appealing and scurry off to the convention site, which is shown absolutely packed in the picture. This is a very cultish looking production, and won't get them far.

• LDH
    LDH

The mentally unstable will respond to the fear tactics used.

Poverty

Disease

Tragedy

Jesus didn't highlight anything to deliver his message.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

............. The longer I'm away from it all the weirder it all seems to me.

misanthropic

That's EXACTLY how I feel. It is truly a BIZARRE religion.

Brit

• Scully
    Scully

metatron

Distributing tracts is merely "busy work" for the JW who needs to keep up the appearance of going Door-to-Door™ but can't be bothered to actually ring any doorbells. It gives them a feeling of doing something productive, when they are doing nothing of the sort.

I'm actually accomplishing more sitting on my butt in front of my computer at this very moment, than all the JWs put together that went Out In Service™ today.

• blondie
    blondie
    When I got to the convention site I went strait to the back-office area where the convention overseers hang out to ask them where I could setup my recorder so I could get a good recording. You should have seen the look on their faces! I might as well have asked them if I could take all of their virgin daughters home with me.

It was probably the beard, Elsewhere. We know that only evil people have beards.

Blondie

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm glad to hear of anything they make public that portrays them exactly as they are. Thanks meta!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My biggest concern at the convention was trying to be strategically placed to the nearest exit or bathroom.

If that scenario that you gave is true (black man hauling potatoes) Met, they must be trying to advertise to the people of Hurricane Katrina. Become a Witness, and in the "New Life" have all the food you can eat! Did they actually show a black man with potatoes?! Dang! That's kind of racist don't ya think? Might as well go ahead and paint a picture with "watermelons and fried chicken"!

• blondie
    blondie

To get every JW and non-JW ready for 1975, the WTS had six tracts distributed from 9/73 to 11/75. Note the titles.

KINGDOM NEWS NO. 16 DISTRIBUTED 9/21-30, 1973 (Is Time Running Out for Mankind?)

KINGDOM NEWS NO. 17 DISTRIBUTED 12/22-31, 1973 (Has Religion Betrayed God and Man?)

KINGDOM NEWS NO. 18 DISTRIBUTED 5/3-12, 1974 (Government by God—Are Your For It?—Or Against It?

KINGDOM NEWS NO. 19 DISTRIBUTED 11/1-10, 1974 (Is This All There is to Life?)

KINGDOM NEWS NO. 20 DISTRIBUTED 5/2-11, 1975 (Would You Welcome Some Good News?)

KINGDOM NEWS NO. 21 DISTRIBUTED 11/1-10, 1975 (Your Future—Shaky or Secure?)

• juni
    juni

I remember those days Blondie.

Didn't have to knock on the door (unless at one point you did to make sure they had it in hand - can't remember for sure).

And you whipped through territory very fast. Some rode bikes.

Juni

Did they lay off all their artists recently? How many times will they re-use this painting?

Remember Metatron? They don't use real people anymore because they had problems w/those in the pictures getting DF so then they had to re-do their illustrations. This way here you draw a clone and can use it forever.

• blondie
    blondie

No. 16 instructions

*** km 9/73 p. 8 par. 2 Presenting the Good News—With Kingdom News No. 16 ***

We are going to ring doorbells or knock and then hand the tract to people personally. This type of distribution will no doubt encourage the largest possible number of persons to give it serious consideration…If you find someone who shows interest and would like to discuss matters further, we suggest that you make a note of the name and address and arrange to call later. Until this work is finished, our goal is to cover the territory quickly.

No. 17

km 12/73 p. 1 par. 6 "Walk in the Name of Jehovah" ***

A short presentation will be sufficient, such as, "I have volunteered to share in a worldwide distribution of this tract. It is free. We are leaving one in every home. Please read it." Or, "The reason I am here is to give you a brief printed message. It is free. Please read it." We want the individual to read the tract rather than listen to a sermon from us on this visit. The less we say, the more likely the person will be to read the tract. However, we should be warm and friendly.

No. 18

km 4/74 p. 3 par. 11 Prove Whose Side You Support ***

But what will we say? As when presenting the previous issues of Kingdom News, we should be brief. We can simply say: "I’m sharing in distributing an important message. We are leaving one, free, in every home. This is your copy." Or: "I am calling to present you with a message that deals with an issue that is especially vital in our day. It is free. Please read it." It is best to place the tract in the householder’s hand as you speak. Also, leave a copy for each household where no one is at home; but the tracts are not meant for general distribution on the streets.

No. 19

No change

No. 20

km 4/75 p. 2 Your Service Meetings ***

Comment on importance of covering territory thoroughly and within allotted time of May 2-11. Show what part young ones can have in Kingdom News distribution. Distributing them under appropriate parental supervision is something they can enthusiastically share in. Older publishers want their help in getting this important work done well and on time!

No. 21

*** km 10/75 p. 1 par. 4 Jehovah’s Day Is Near! ***

Our zealous activity in distributing these tracts from November 1 to 10 will be one way to show that we are indeed "keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah."

AND THE REAL GOAL

*** km 11/74 p. 1 par. 4 Others Need What We Have ***

Interestingly, every month to date during which we have distributed Kingdom News, a new peak of publishers has been reached: 512,738 shared in field service in September 1973; 525,007 published in December of that year; and our present peak of 539,262 was reached last May.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit