The New "Invite" - How Stupid Can They Be?

by metatron 43 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

While traveling down thru New England, I happened across one of the new District Convention "Invites".

How dumb can the Watchtower Society get? For the moment, let's ignore the fact that they expect people to drop everything

within a radius of one, two or even three hundred miles and attend an inner city convention over a weekend. Heck, the printed invitation

itself seems to scream "braindead" , just looking it over briefly.

First, it highlights "Poverty.......Epidemics........ Disasters" above a cut and paste graphic of black guy hauling vegetables

in the "New System". Did they lay off all their artists recently? How many times will they re-use this painting?

.....and are people in the Northeast United States currently falling into "poverty, epidemics or disasters"? Hello?

The label on the back - which the Society was too cheap to provide- offers no phone number to call. The invitation doesn't tell

you when the assembly sessions are scheduled. Doesn't that seem important? As to the dates, it simply offers

some fine print, "6/30-7/2/2006". Isn't that helpful!

The invitation proclaims - in bold print - that the assembly will show you , "How to attain a happy family life" and

"How young people can resist the temptations of immoral conduct" - which is STAGGERINGLY HYPOCRITICAL

AND DECEPTIVE SINCE EVEN THIS ASSEMBLY EVINCES THAT WITNESS MARRIAGES AND FAMILIES ARE COMMONLY

FALLING APART, WITH YOUNG WITNESSES LEAVING!

but wait , there's one more thing! Now, with today's "zeitgeist" fully in mind, what assembly subject is given TOP BILLING?

Could it be happiness? No. Could it be health? No. How about social relations - or getting a good job - or finding hope?

NO!

It is "To Whose Authority Do You Submit?"

Give that some pause and think: Do the isolated, ivory tower, hypocritical legalists who write this bilge actually think that

the average person's first concern in life is to find someone to completely "SUBMIT" to?

This talk's title speaks volumes about the Watchtower's ceaseless greed for dominating the lives of others. They see the

the human race in terms of "Authority" and "Submission" ( their Authority and everyone elses Submission)

If you suspect that you might be being invited to join a cult, the above should give you all you need to know.

People who obsess about Submission and Authority ......... are people to stay away from. Listen to your intuition!

metatron

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    that the assembly will show you , "How to attain a happy family life"

That's rather amusing considering that my family is shunning me because of the Watchtower. Flippin' hypocrites.

• IW
    IW

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Saoirse: That's rather amusing considering that my family is shunning me because of the Watchtower. Flippin' hypocrites.

And the JW's really believe they are Christian. That's what is so crazy.

• steve2
    steve2

Like all good advertising, it is held together by equal parts exaggeration and irritation, but, oh, how it caught your attention...and often that's the prime purpose of advertising. Clearly, though, metatron, you will not be submitting to their authority!

• TMS
    TMS

Metatron,

Based on your description, the tract seems to have been designed with very low expectations of achieving results. Are extra chairs being set up at the convention sites for the "visitors"? Were there pre-assembly Service Meeting parts about welcoming the first-timers?

Without more information this appears to be a ploy aimed at the rank and file.

Jehovah's Witnesses have distributed millions of handbills over the years advertising public talks. It would be interesting to know the actual percentage acted on by the public.

tms

• blondie
    blondie

I always felt that these "invites" and the handout program was designed to get the slack off rank and file out in service not to get the public to the convention. The phrase "public talk" would that be an oxymoron?

Blondie

• darcy
    darcy

eek! I'm gonna have so much fun papering my town with this stuff.

Especially since they're insanely easy to place!

oh oh dear, I've probably just made several new enemies.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

When I came back from a quick trip to the store Tuesday, my husband laughed and said I'd missed the Witlesses working our street. The sister was working one side and the brother was working the opposite side. He said she offered him a tract inviting him to something but he didn't accept it. He had the impression it was for a convention. Wonder why they're not in pairs? Ours is a quiet neighborhood, but isn't this unusual?

I told him, next time take the, tract so I can describe it on the board, lol!

• carla
    carla

Maybe some saw the invite, then again, I was kind of out that way and left numerous 'tracts' of my own from Silentlambs and others. Maybe some saw mine too! Plan ahead when you travel. You guys alway get my butt in gear to get busy! Guess I better find out when the local invites will be hitting the streets so mine can counteract them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit